Nexus S vs Evo 4G

lsufronier

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I am trying to decide between these two. I already have an Evo 4G and it stopped sending and receiving MMS so I brought it into Sprint and I am now trying to decide between getting another Evo or a Nexus S. Help please?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks yeah I am having a hard time deciding. I am wondering if the Nexus S will receive Ice Cream Sandwich.

Ues it will. The Nexus is leaps and bounds above the 4g. Performance wise, its similar to the 3d. Best phone on sprint imo, and the best deal on the market at the current priceprice

jprins68

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks yeah I am having a hard time deciding. I am wondering if the Nexus S will receive Ice Cream Sandwich.

I would think so, but at the very least it has a much better chance than the Evo does. Especially with the leak of it being EOLed before ICS even comes out.

I have a rooted Evo and my wife just got a Nexus S so I can make a pretty solid comparison. Even though the screen on the Nexus is a bit smaller, I would trade phones with her in a second. The colors on the SAMOLED look very nice and the phones seem very fast. Even though benchmarks are not always the most reliable comparison tool, the Neocore test was almost twice as good on the Nexus (30ish to 55ish). She has not let me put too much in the way of games on the phone, but it seems like graphically the Nexus will outperform the Evo significantly.

I love my Evo, but it is getting a bit long in the tooth and never had a very strong GPU in the first place. Given the choice between the two I would go with the Nexus. If you can wait though, the Photon seems nice and the Galaxy SII has to be announced soon.

lsufronier

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys I am leaning towards the Nexus but just wanted to make sure it will receive Ice Cream Sandwich because that would be one of my main reasons for getting it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i like EVO over Nexus S -

1. LED
2. FM Radio
3. Sense
4. 4.3" Display
5. HTC Build Quality and Update Frequency
6. SD Card Slot
7. Dual Flash

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
i like EVO over Nexus S -

1. LED
2. FM Radio
3. Sense
4. 4.3" Display
5. HTC Build Quality and Update Frequency

Just my thoughts on these
1. Fixed with root and BLN. I like having my buttons flash more
2. I wasn't aware anyone still listened to radio. In the year I had my EVO, I never once used it
3. I got sick of sense wuickly and rooted and romed my EVO. Personal preference
4. The Nexus screen is smaller, but so much better
5. HTC build quality left a lot to be desired on the EVO, and it looks like that hasn't changed much on the 3D. The EVO had issues with screen lifting, light bleed, plastic around the screen cracking, etc. The Nexus is solid. Updates should come faster on the Nexus, but may be a coin flip on fixes

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use the FM Radio all of the time - but i am in a major metro area with lots of great stations. i like listening to live radio because it keeps me fresh and current. and i don't need to continually buy, "collect", and manage stale mp3s which i end up burning out and getting sick of anyway. streaming radio is great but it burns the battery fast. the FM Radio hardly uses any battery.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i use the FM Radio all of the time - but i am in a major metro area with lots of great stations. i like listening to live radio because it keeps me fresh and current. and i don't need to continually buy, "collect", and manage stale mp3s which i end up burning out and getting sick of anyway. streaming radio is great but it burns the battery fast. the FM Radio hardly uses any battery.

One app people "Tune in Radio " its free.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
One app people "Tune in Radio " its free.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yeah i've been using the paid version of that app for over a year - since way back when it was called "Radio Time" - and yeah it is great and i love it. but as i indicated in my previous post - streaming burns the battery fast - which is not always acceptable when you are out and about for the whole day ie beach etc. it's nice to have the FM Radio which probably uses 1/1000 of the energy that streaming does.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I gave up on radio in the mid 90s and I don't live to far out of NYC. I find most of the music coming out today to be garbage anyway. I think you may be in the minority on the FM radio though

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I gave up on radio in the mid 90s and I don't live to far out of NYC. I find most of the music coming out today to be garbage anyway. I think you may be in the minority on the FM radio though

"Actually that's a good sign to know you are old. Once you reach a certain age, you stop liking the current popular music and you get "stuck" in the 70s or 80s or whatever year you grew up listening to music. Chances are your parents didn't like the music you grew up listening to and neither did their parents before them. They all said the same thing that there was zero music talent during that time. Sorry to break the bad news to you." – peilthetraveler

http://www.hot97.com/

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
"Actually that's a good sign to know you are old. Once you reach a certain age, you stop liking the current popular music and you get "stuck" in the 70s or 80s or whatever year you grew up listening to music. Chances are your parents didn't like the music you grew up listening to and neither did their parents before them. They all said the same thing that there was zero music talent during that time. Sorry to break the bad news to you." ? peilthetraveler

HOT 97 IS HIP HOP AND R&B

Okay, lets try this again, since my last two replies got screwed up.

Yeah, I gave up on pop music and radio in my mid teen years. It wasn't so much the music they were playing as the fact they kept playing the same music over and over again. It gets to the point that you know what song is coming next. I keep up with the newer music I like, and just use my ipod. I'd rather be able to pick it myself and hear more than the same 20 songs looped constantly.

I will say that Lady Gaga has zero musical talent. Can't wait for that trash to go away.

And, yes, I am kinda old:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie