Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Will the Sprint HTC Evo connect to my wireless N router?

    Rumors abound that the new Incredible will not connect with wireless "N" routers. Any idea if the Evo will have this problem?
  2. #2  
    jmart603's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default

    it will connect. it will just connect at G speeds. your "N" router goes b/g/n and evo connects on b/g
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    it will connect. it will just connect at G speeds. your "N" router goes b/g/n and evo connects on b/g
    Thanks. Seems like the folks over on the Incredible site are having fits because there's a problem with the N routers.

    Hurry June!
  4. #4  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    My Incredible is only not connecting to my 802.11n 5Ghz router. It connects to my 802.11n 2.4Ghz router just fine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    My Incredible is only not connecting to my 802.11n 5Ghz router. It connects to my 802.11n 2.4Ghz router just fine.
    Good to hear.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    My Incredible is only not connecting to my 802.11n 5Ghz router. It connects to my 802.11n 2.4Ghz router just fine.
    The reason it does not connect to the 802.11n 5Ghz is because that is the a/n spectrum only, the 2.4Ghz is both b/g/n spectrum




  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzel1982 View Post
    The reason it does not connect to the 802.11n 5Ghz is because that is the a/n spectrum only, the 2.4Ghz is both b/g/n spectrum

    [
    Thanks...I checked my new router and it is the 2.4 Ghz variety. Looking forward to this.

    Right now I'm fighting the temptation to go down to BB today and pick up the Incredible....but.... another what, 6 weeks? until Evo is out there with less expensive Sprint rate plans, 4G connection, bigger screen, HDTV output, 2 cameras, etc.

    Kinda like, "Do I want $5 today or $10 next month? Delayed gratification at work here...
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Thanks...I checked my new router and it is the 2.4 Ghz variety. Looking forward to this.

    Right now I'm fighting the temptation to go down to BB today and pick up the Incredible....but.... another what, 6 weeks? until Evo is out there with less expensive Sprint rate plans, 4G connection, bigger screen, HDTV output, 2 cameras, etc.

    Kinda like, "Do I want $5 today or $10 next month? Delayed gratification at work here...
    Haha I feel your pain I have an iPhone with AT&T I switched about a year ago and tricked my self into thinking there network would get better but it hasn't and I drop calls all the time so I can't wait for the EVO to come out so I can switch back. Best part is I will be able to get out of my AT&T contract for free due to the fact they don't officially offer service in the area where I live so no ETF for me
  9. #9  
    Complex Pants's Avatar

    Posts
    694 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

    Default

    still, the final release specs of the Evo are not available. We have a pretty good idea what will be on the phone, but nothing is 100% set in stone. The final release may include 802.11n.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    still, the final release specs of the Evo are not available. We have a pretty good idea what will be on the phone, but nothing is 100% set in stone. The final release may include 802.11n.
    Considering the promotional material they have out there promoting the phone already I highly doubt they will change anything for the official release, so that being said yes we have seen the final specs.

Posting Permissions

B