Please help: Evo will not boot -just vibrates

kikaperez1

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this is my first time posting so i hope I am doing this correctly:-[

I have a rooted evo 4g that will no longer boot up. When I try to power on, it vibrates 3X, no splash screen, no sound just a black screen. after it vibrates 3X the green LED flashes then nothing else happens. I tried going into the boot screen ( Volume down, then power button) but this doesn't work either. The evo vibrates 5X then the LED flashes green for a few seconds- then nothing. I tried connecting via USB but I get the message that I need the drivers for Qualcomm CDMA technologies so It does not connect successfully. UNder Device Manager the EVO is listed under --> Other Devices as " Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". I've tried downloading various drivers but to no avail.

I was running Kings unleashed r7 and was having issues with that ROM so was going to try out Red Alliance (?) Cant remember the name- was using ROM MANAGER to download it and install. I performed a NAND backup, wiped dalvik cache...etc... The phone shut down and never came back up.

I've googled this and looked around the web for solutions but have not found another issue that matches- since I cannot connect via USB and cannot boot into recovery and have no splash screen whatsoever.

Please help if you can.....

Thanks,

Erika

BKBitar

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe that means the device has overheated, or is damaged from overheating. I remember bringing it to a Sprint store and telling them that, and they said some of the earlier Evos had a problem with the chip overheating and thusly rendering the phone useless. However, they wanted to charge me to look at the phone even though this wasn't my fault. I believe youre only option is an insurance claim, and if you dont have insurance, bring it to Sprint, you have a year warranty with them and they will look at it, for a price.

kikaperez1

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I believe that means the device has overheated, or is damaged from overheating. I remember bringing it to a Sprint store and telling them that, and they said some of the earlier Evos had a problem with the chip overheating and thusly rendering the phone useless. However, they wanted to charge me to look at the phone even though this wasn't my fault. I believe youre only option is an insurance claim, and if you dont have insurance, bring it to Sprint, you have a year warranty with them and they will look at it, for a price.
Thanks for your quick reply! Much appreciated !
I did notice after this post that my phone was EXTREMELY hot after trying to troubleshoot. Do you think it will be possible for them to boot up and see that my device is rooted? Not sure what tricks they have to check that- I do have insurance on my phone but am afraid that they will see that, therefore voiding my warranty. Or maybe Im just being paranoid....
I would think that if it was a hardware issue that they would replace it free of charge..??

Active_Matrix

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I had the same problem with my HW0003 evo. Somewhere on XDA it had to do with the yaffs partition got corrupt or something. I brought it to a corp sprint store, and they took almost an hour to look at it! Never the less, I walk out with a new HW004, and did not get charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34