Zagg Invisible Shield install at Best Buy

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody had trouble with the smudge free Invisible Shield when installed at Best Buy? I paid $7.99 for them to install it and after 2 tries, they still haven?t gotten it on centered and straight. Sometime this week I?ll be going back for their third attempt. If it?s installed correctly it shouldn?t even touch the Platinum Series hard case that I also purchased from Best Buy. The packaging on the Invisible Shield even says that it?s ?case friendly?.

Since I am paying them to install it, am I being unreasonable in expecting that they?ll get it right?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody had trouble with the smudge free Invisible Shield when installed at Best Buy? I paid $7.99 for them to install it and after 2 tries, they still haven?t gotten it on centered and straight. Sometime this week I?ll be going back for their third attempt. If it?s installed correctly it shouldn?t even touch the Platinum Series hard case that I also purchased from Best Buy. The packaging on the Invisible Shield even says that it?s ?case friendly?.

Since I am paying them to install it, am I being unreasonable in expecting that they?ll get it right?

You could do as good of a job if not better, by yourself. If you're paying them to do it, then no, you're not being unreasonable at all.

Venku Skirata

Sep 30, 2010
jerkyandcab.blogspot.com
Sadly that platinum series case is always going to want to pull up the bottom of the shield as you slide the bottom third of the case on. I addressed it by gently pushing down on the corner affected as I slid the case on and it was all good.

As far as installation goes, ask the Mobile Manager, as they are usually the most adept at putting these on.

Apr 18, 2011
www.tbiwarrior.com
I have a Otterbox Commuter which is a different case. I installed mine and it came out very centered. The spray that comes with it makes it very easy to slide the protector over the screen. I do not think you are unreasonable. If you paid for it you should demand for what you are paying, nothing more, nothing less. I would keep going back until they get it right. If they can't then I would request the money back.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You might want to try another Best Buy, or at least try to go at a time when someone else will be on-duty. It takes a tiny amount of skill and a reasonable degree of fine motor dexterity to install those films well. If the people who got stuck with the job at one Best Buy don't have the right skills/dexterity, they just aren't going to do it well.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Depends what you care about. The demo model at Sprint had an awful lot of fingerprints on the screen. I found that the Phantom Skinz I had on the Pre enormously reduced the fingerprint issue, and I almost never had to wipe it down. (and I am fussy about fingerprints. YMMV.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2