Wifi Questions with EVO 4G white with 2.3.3

hothondaguy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an EVO that i got from Radio shack for 29.99 and My Optimus S that i upgradded from has better Wifi range than the EVO does, is this right? doesn't quite sound right to me. any info would be great.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to the Optimus, but I can say that my old Palm Pre has a stronger wifi antenna range and can more accurately find signals.

This may be the case with the Optimus.

nb

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the white EVO (not saying it's any different than the black one) and my wifi range is OK. I really believe that network connections depend on where you are at that time. 3G - 4G, or wifi.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind its also not really a fair comparison.
Completely different manufacturers. Different hardware, software, everything.

Kind of like saying my Dodge Truck gets worse gas mileage then my neighbors vespa.

hothondaguy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
yeah i do agree with all of you, i will just be patient and see if there is root and or and maintenance update soon, i hope so....i do get the sense reboots periodically which can be annoying

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It really is hard to compare phones like that. My old Pre really did get better wifi range than my EVO does. There isn't really anything you can do about it. Also, where they places the wifi inside of a device can affect how well it works as well. It is possible that the EVO has strong wifi capabilities, but due to its placement could prohibit its range.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995