Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GMail App Stopped Working

Is anyone else having issues with not receiving notifications or e-mail at all with the Gmail app? I had to revert back to the stock client, which I hate compared to the app. And how in the hell do you change the notification sound on the stock e mail app?! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Default Re: GMail App Stopped Working

Are you talking about the unread count on the icon or the notification bar? The latest update to the gmail app closed a security hole with an updated API that 3rd party devs (Launcher Pro, GO Launcher, etc) can't access yet, hence the broken notifications.

Default Re: GMail App Stopped Working

you might need a factory reset with manual sync/restore. try it if all else fails.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Venku Skirata View Post
    Are you talking about the unread count on the icon or the notification bar? The latest update to the gmail app closed a security hole with an updated API that 3rd party devs (Launcher Pro, GO Launcher, etc) can't access yet, hence the broken notifications.
    No...I already know that is broke. Not receiving anything...but it magically started working again late last night

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.