oops, deleted my ringtones, including the stock ones.

Janet Girardot

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I´ve found them but dont know how to now put it as my ringtone. I found 1 ringtone in My files under ringtones but when I try to set it , it doesn´t give me th e option..help please!??

edbianc

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a ZTE Warp and I downloaded a sound app and it wiped out all the std android notification tones. They are not present in the folder mention in this thread. Do I download the zip file and put it in Media/audio/notifications?

Thanks.

Maheesha Kottegoda

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Smoke Crawler.
You're a life saver.

I downloaded your zip, connected my phone to my desktop and manually extracted and transferred the files.
I'm sure there's an easier way to do it but I got there in the end. lol.
Thanks again.
M

Ulmina

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine just disappeared overnight last night, but not all of them. Ironically, only my favorite factory ones & all the ones I downloaded from Zedge! (Would have been nice if the boring ones disappeared instead.)

Where is the Media folder -- what is the path on an S5? It's not in settings & I'm not seeing/finding it. Maybe because this is my first smart phone, IDK. ;p I downloaded the 2 zips & will attempt to put them somewhere the device will recognize in lieu of the Media folder, unless some kind person out there is willing to go into a bit more detail on how-to. :D Hopefully, that awesome Galaxy 6 ringtone is on there because that was my favorite!!

Jamie Erfe

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
hello calie_merica and everyone else, couldnyou olease send me the zip file. same thing happened to me as well. I've accidentally deleted it, now I don't have a ringtone and it's driving me crazy on how to fix it. Please help me. Thanks in advancd

Debbie Donohue

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I did the same exact thing and my phone is not rooted, I was clearing some data to clear up some memory and deleted all my ringtones even the stock ones, and also deleted over 1400 pictures and videos... Is there anyway to get the pics back or what ?

I deleted my ringtones how do I get them back

Last edited by a moderator:

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks SmokeCrawler I wanted to find my default notifications/ringtones in my old ZTE warp 4g phone so I could copy them to my laptop. Then copy them to my new phone. Just for everyones info. On this ZTE phone go to the root dir (phone has to be rooted) then go to the system folder then media > audio > notifications/ringtones. Every phone is a bit different due to the whims of the manufacturer in question.

Steve

They are listed under media -> audio -> notifications/ringtones.

Here are the ringtones and notifications if you still can't find them.

denisew1955

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by SmokeCrawler View Post
"They are listed under media -> audio -> notifications/ringtones.
Here are the ringtones and notifications if you still can't find them."

I just did this too trying to make space on my Moto E. I didn't see anything attached or linked to get the ringtones and notifications you mention, do you still have that info? Hope so :eek:\

Last edited:

McS82

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi SmokeCrawler

Can you please send me by email me those ringtones?
Can't seem to download them from your post..

thanks

czmgo

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey, ive managed to delete all my ringtones too and i cant find a media folder with anything in it. Also cant see where to download zip files that youre all talking about? :) Thanks

Woodse86

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I've done exactly the same thing now my phone only vibrates and I can't do nothing about it I don't wanna factory reset my phone if that'll even work or not I don't no but it should if I do it hopefully just need to save my contacts