oops, deleted my ringtones, including the stock ones.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
accidently deleted all my ringtones and notification sounds, including the stock ones. any semi-simple way to get them back?

thanks in advance.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
i'm stock, and i'm an idiot. lol

my evo is one of those perpetually having memory issues since the latest update. it's annoying, and i am forced to regularly clear data on apps. i think i was not paying attention, and cleared the data for "media storage".

and... ka-boom.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can not delete the factory ring tones if not rooted. They are there, I promise you.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via TapaTalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
They are listed under media -> audio -> notifications/ringtones.

Here are the ringtones and notifications if you still can't find them.

EDIT: I no longer have this file. It was 5 years ago and linked to an old Dropbox account. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You can not delete the factory ring tones if not rooted. They are there, I promise you.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via TapaTalk

well, yes and no. they did not appear to be there. i could not access them. nor could i access any of my downloaded ring tones.

but, restarting got them back. not exactly sure how that could be, because obviously they were still there, but i couldn't access them at first. odd.

thanks for the help everyone.

letashatastic

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the posts! I seriously did delete my ringtones and notification sounds. I found the folder media, audio, notifications ... it was empty. My phone has recently been not holding a charge so I have been trying to clean up my phone. I obviously deleted something wrong and had no ringtones.

Anyways ... I used the zip files from an earlier post and restored them! Thanks!

foxity

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I did the same exact thing and my phone is not rooted, I was clearing some data to clear up some memory and deleted all my ringtones even the stock ones, and also deleted over 1400 pictures and videos... Is there anyway to get the pics back or what ?

Dmo119

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Dumpedduce is talking dumpedduce and no idea what he/she is talking about. I had the "EXACT" same situation. The ringtones and notifications "CAN" be deleted. I contacted HTC. The above zip files work perfectly. Thanks SmokeCrawler

Penny Gibbs

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
HELP! I did the exact same thing!! All my pics and every ringtone is gone! I dont have anything that says "Media" Ive looked in my Settings too! I hate the noise it makes now! How can I get them back?:confused::confused:

Brytaney Ambrose

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
THANKS A LOT FOR THE ZIPS! I deleted the folders of my SD card so I couldn't add my own ringtones, and I only wake up to Trapt Stories so thanks it was a life saver!!!

Zigarat

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an iMac and it's telling me it's not compatible with this file. Sorry, not tech savy enough to figure this one out. Besides, this is my first mac and I'm struggling!

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info for some reason I had some doubles so I wanted to delete them. Also I wanted to remove some of the more annoying sounds. Is it me or do some of those sounds are exactly the same thing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Laura Burdekin

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I've just done this with my Galaxy S3 Mini ... the folders are there but they're empty :( I downloaded the zip files above, but don't think they are the tones for the S3 mini ... anyone have a zip file to those please so I can restore them without factory resetting my phone and losing everything. Thanks in advance

blatter

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy note. will zip files still work? I transfered them to media folder but when trying to select sound options for ringtone or notifications, doesn't allow me to choose.

Wally Smith1

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the zips! This seems to be an odd case as googling led me absolutely nowhere. I was cleaning up my girl's p.o.s. ZTE by clearing cache, data, and disabling some bloatware, and man, this phone came with MAJOR bloatware, amazon appstore AND googleplay for pete's sake. Anyway, I wasn't doing anything I wouldn't do on my Kyocera Event, which is a champ considering the price and dangit, she went to set her alarm and boom, NO STOCK RINGTONES, reboot, no stock ringtones. Battery out, wait a bit, reboot, and holy moly, NO STOCK RINGTONES! If android didn't have the whole super common "low space" bullpoo, I wouldn't have killed her phone by attempting to fix it. NOT ROOTED.

Anyway, awesome site, I joined solely for this one issue that I cannot find a fix for anywhere else. I hope these tones satisfy her as I assume they will be different than ZTE tones... ugh, what a piece... stay away from ZTE if you have the chance. Phone is such a piece that I don't know how i'm gonna load the tones because it WILL NOT interact with my PC, my cheap-o Kyocera Event, the second I plug it into the PC, bam, I can access both phone and sd card, also not rooted.

Thanks again, I was sure my woman was gonna kill me lol. Saved my life, and apologies for the large use of caps.