1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Evo OTA Update

Just wanted to let yall know that there's another OTA update which I will not be installing...

Literally just got the notification.

Also, might as well let yall know that I now have an Evo and will be patiently waiting for 4.22.651.2 to be rooted so I can root and get all this junk off my phone. Sad that I have 405MB RAM and only 114MB available

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unlocked not rooted

Default Re: Sprint Evo OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by jerry43812 View Post
    Just wanted to let yall know that there's another OTA update which I will not be installing...

Literally just got the notification.

Also, might as well let yall know that I now have an Evo and will be patiently waiting for 4.22.651.2 to be rooted so I can root and get all this junk off my phone. Sad that I have 405MB RAM and only 114MB available
    Welcome to the party! I think that's been out for at least a few weeks now. Definitely waiting for the next to see if HTC will let the OG Evo in for bootloader access.

I believe that it came out in June. A few weeks after the first GB update.

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Still a buggy bugger.

Yeah, that's an old update. Been there done that a long time ago......not going to help you or tthe reboots and all of the other problems.

Since this update my Google Maps Navigator crashes my EVO. It then takes about 4 minutes to reboot. Only when I use the GPS/Navigator, not the Mpas. When I call Sprint, they seem not to know about the 4.24.651.1 update which I have or what to do. Any suggestions?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

LOL @ welcome to the party!

Sad that I get the update SOOO long after probably everyone else AND their mommas!