Why didnt you upgrade to the HTC EVO 3D?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I get a full upgrade every year and didnt get the 3D because to me the EVO4G hasnt been outdone by the 3D. I have MikG sense 2.1/3.0 on my phone. 8MP camera vs. 5MP? Some say the 3D still takes better pics but I have tested them both and no, not really. I could care less about the 3D as well. Plus I knew that the HTC kingdon was coming out. I'll wait to see what the specs on that are and maybe I'll get it.

While the evo 3d does have a 5mp camera, it takes better picture and video then the Evo 4g. There have been many threads in these forums and others proving it.

Many of you do not seem to realize that the phone is not in 3d. It is only a small part of it for pictures and videos., and you don't even have to use it. I wish Sprint ot HTC would start promoting the phone on its other merits as well. It seems many of you think it is an Evo 4g in 3d. Which is far from the truth.

Last edited:

tdelta1000

May 11, 2011
Visit site
the true successor to the EVO 4G was not the EVO 3D. the true successor must have -

1. 4.5-5" display with little/no bezel, no capacitive buttons, and ice cream sammmmmich.
2. dual core processor or better.
3. no 3D gimmicks or ugly cameras and buttons and switches.
4. LOTS of internal free RAM - 1-2GB+.

you can call it the EVO "HD".

I'm pleased with the my EVO 4G. I too would the like to see an Ice Cream sandwich platform HTC phone before I get the EVO 3D.

lnong

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
i only had my EVO 4G for a little over a year. It was still in top shape...until it went underwater with me when my kayak capsized in san diego..lol..so i needed a new phone...decided to get 3D since it's one of the newest phones out there.

i'm liking it so far.

Hellbound#AC

May 8, 2010
Visit site
All those that didn't upgrade due to the change in Sprint Premiere, you can get a one time exemption.
Call Sprint customer retention at 877-775-4886. I didn't upgrade because I have cases, spare batteries, docks, etc for my OG EVO. There just wasn't enough improvement to warrant the cost of the new phone plus all of the accessories. The Gingerbread update on the EVO was bad enough to almost force an update thought. Waiting for root to Gingerbrea to run custom ROM.

doesn't work just tried

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
just checked out the Photon. was not impressed. side by side vs. my EVO (browser vs. browser) my EVO's display looked bigger (bigger is better IMO). my EVO display appeared to be wider and taller. also - was not impressed with the Photon display quality or build quality or interface. over 1 year later and EVO is still king!

ohthebaby

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
because my phone still feels and runs like its fresh out the box, and the spec increase to me on the 3D is not adequate enough to switch so soon, ill wait to see what the next evo has in store....

androidphonegeek01

Android Geek
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
First, I am eligible for an upgrade with AT&T. Second, do you know how hard it is to transfer carriers? You have to look at their plans and phones and you have no idea where you can find the best reciption. And last, I don't see why I would need to be spending $200 or whatever just for a 3D phone. I also don't see why I would need a 3D phone, I never take photos or videos. To show people I would have to have a pair of 3D glasses everywhere I go. So now I am done.

creepers

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
3d glasses? No offense but you'd look pretty ridiculous wearing 3d glasses holding a 3d phone in your face. (Or you might start a trend lol)

I'm sticking to the og EVO, the 3vo is not bad at all, its just the screen size, its a little to narrow for me. Plus I've found when looking at a pic in 3d, it does bother my eyes.

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My EVO isn't that old. This phone still makes people say, "What kinda phone is that?" (I live deep in the country) I'm not really all that impressed with the 3D and I'm a notorious phone whore. I LOVE MY EVO. I'm just waiting to root it. (Took the update without doing my due diligence-and kicking the $ugar honey ice tea outta myself for that.)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering!

I know a lot of people did and others did not. What was your turn off to the new E3D? This is my first HTC/Android phone and I love it so far! Just wondering what others are thinking!

Because I rooted and flashed a custom Rom on to my OG Evo and now
it feels like have Brand new phone again:):D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon