Update Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttchip

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my EVO and tried to root it using the instructions listed on the EVO page from androidcentral.

It did not work, What I got on my screen said

HBOOT

Main Version is older!
Update Fail!
Do you want to reboot device?
etc...

What went wrong? Any help would be great.

THX, jeff

the instructions I used are below:
1. Download this file (PC36IMG.zip). Move it to the root (as in top level) of the Evo's storage card.

2. Turn the phone off. Once it is, hold down the volume button and the power button until you get a white screen and some text. You're now in the bootloader. It should automatically start checking the PC36IMG.zip file you put on the card.

3. Once it's done, it'll list all the images on the card and ask if you want to flash. (This is your last chance to back out.) Say yes, and we're on our way. It'll look like this as it's going:

Evo 4G rooting

4. After it's done, it'll ask if you want to reboot. Surely.

Arty1302

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Your most likely on the new version Gingerbread which has a locked bootloader...gotta wait in line with the rest of us...sorry bud

buttchip

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
10-4, Thx for the quick reply. Not sure if I will even have my EVO when rooting is available though. I take a lot of pictures and video with my phone and so far I am very disapointed in the quality, not to mention the inability to email vids. My pre did photos/vids better and easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.