I am definitely a believer now....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So far I have been living off watching every single Evo and Incredible video I could find on YouTube. Many of the software walk throughs were quite educational for me since I came from WinMo and webOS.

Today I finally got to play with my friends Incredible, and, thanks to all the reviews I have seen on the Incredible, I could show my friend a few things that he didn't know about. I must say....I can't freakin wait! That thing is fast, and everything just feels smooth and the web browser smokes the one in the Pre by a country mile! The screen looks great, and boy I can't wait to see all this glory on a screen that's 0.6" larger!

Any doubt about wanting to get an Evo has now disappeared. I saw that Palm is starting to role out PDK apps, and I thought to myself, maybe I should stick with the Pre since now we'll get lag free apps, but after playing with the Incredible, those thoughts were flushed down the mental toilet to never return again.

I am psyched, pumped, excited, and.....my two friends got to see the phone in acion at the same time, one of them was sold immediately, the other, who was considering an iPhone 4 is now really on the fence about what to do.

It's a great time to be a smartphone addict!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I won't even go into the whole network argument -- I hope you get great service from Sprint. My primary concern for the EVO, though, is the battery. hehehe

We, the Inc crowd, are having an issue with a weak battery-to-phone capability ratio.

I just hope HTC chose the right battery when they finalized the EVO.

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out. :)

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing the same. Read everything about the incredible since I see it as the same basic device. And I did go to VZ Thursday to look at the demo.

I will miss WebOS though, some.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing the same. Read everything about the incredible since I see it as the same basic device. And I did go to VZ Thursday to look at the demo.

I am not worried about battery life. I have a Seidio 2600 in my Pre and it can take a serious beating all day long. Aside from that, I drive a lot for work, so I can just plug it in while driving. Anyhow, I know they will come out with bigger batteries and since the Evo is so slim to begin with, adding a bit more bulk won't bother me at all, I am used to it.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

Same here. The customization factor is unrivaled. The EVO is just insane though, I would have to be mad to pass it up. I have been wanting the HD2 with Android state side since it was launched in Europe, and I got the perfect device. Can't wait!

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Damn! I was passing a VZ and had to stop. There was nobody on the incredible.
Couldn't figure out how to turn off haptic as I find the the most annoying idea of all time.
UI is much better than the Hero and Moments I've been playing with.
No lag between menus and opening apps. Yay! For that.
Multitasking is sucky of course, no surpriseHad shapwriter installed, took about 4 words to get the hang of it.
Don't like the aspect ration of the screen though. Seems too tall for some reason. Maybe the optical trackball and buttons.

If the Evo is the same it'll be great. If they're still refining stuff it'll be fantastic!
maybe I won't miss my Pre that much, still a little torn.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I stoped by the Verizon store to play with it as well, no one was on it, I stayed in there for about 15-20 mins playing on it. Its a nice phone, very fast, very fast.. I wasn't looking forward to the onscreen keyboard, however it wasn't that bad, and I got use to it pretty quick, glad the EVO's onscreen keyboard will be bigger.. I will miss WebOS, no doubt at all, but I feel that it wont be that bad of a change at all. The EVO is a monster, and I have to try it out if nothing else and go from there. I've been reading very closely on the Incredible forum, and the pics that thing takes is awesome.. I need that EVO now, lol...

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep I stopped into Verizon the say the Incredible launched. Hardware and software wise they are very similar. You can get a good feel of how the Evo will be.

As a side note there wasn't anyone by the Incredible, but if you think about it, most of the average joe public probably doesn't know the phone exists yet, (I'm still seeing TV advertising for the Moto Droid, nothing for HTC yet.)

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Incredible will not beat EVO just saying... Just the fact that the EVO is a walking wireless router idk that just tells you wow I can sit in my car while my phone is just sitting in my pocket like always oh and now connect to the internet on my itouch/ipad or my laptop or any other wifi device ... like yea screen awesome fast phone ok but that one feature beats the SH** out of any phone out there just saying

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Wi-fi hotspot is nice. But, as long as I can tether my device whenever necessary, that's good enough for me.

I don't need to provide Internet service to every device within 100 feet anyway. hehehe

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh I forgot to add. Google Navigation and street view is fantastic.
One thing did notice about that though is in the satellite layer you can't zoom in as clearly as on the Pre. Odd. I don't recall it being fuzzy on a Droid I played with a couple weeks ago.

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep me too, went by a verizon store this morning and spent 20 minutes or so playing with the incredible. WOW is all I can say. As one coming from the WebOS I had no problem moving through the phone adding widgets and setting up home pages. I really like the way it works and the speed is unbelievable. No doubt I am going with the EVO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois