How do I run stock Android on my EVO without rooting?

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Title is pretty self-explanatory. I've gone past a year with my EVO 4G and have considered rooting but would prefer not to. I'm currently running Launcher Pro Plus as a launcher, but would like to try running stock Android for awhile and see what the fuss is all about. Since the last update to Gingerbread, it doesn't seem to allow me to make the choice to run stock anymore.

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You would have to root. Stock Android is a different rom than sense. It's fairly painless though and there are plenty of guides to help you along. If you do, try cyanogenmod, it is visually pretty close to stock.

putertech

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Title is pretty self-explanatory. I've gone past a year with my EVO 4G and have considered rooting but would prefer not to. I'm currently running Launcher Pro Plus as a launcher, but would like to try running stock Android for awhile and see what the fuss is all about. Since the last update to Gingerbread, it doesn't seem to allow me to make the choice to run stock anymore.

You can turn sense off....menu, applications, manage applications, select all, scroll down to HTC sense and force stop it, uncheck auto start, bamm

Reactions: iEVOkethe5th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs