Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Phone memory :/.

    Hello there!.
    My Evo 4G is getting slow and my phone memory is really low. Is there any way, rooted or not, to increase the memory by using the SDcard??. Or is there any other way??.
    Thanks in advance!.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Phone memory :/.

    Without rooting you can move some apps to the SD card. You have to go the Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then you can check each app to see if it can be moved to the SD card.

    Even easier would be to go in the Market and download an app called App 2 SD Card. It'll automatically find apps that can be moved to the SD card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    Without rooting you can move some apps to the SD card. You have to go the Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then you can check each app to see if it can be moved to the SD card.

    Even easier would be to go in the Market and download an app called App 2 SD Card. It'll automatically find apps that can be moved to the SD card.
    I do have that app, but I also have more than 60 apps... so even using that app and moving all the apps possible to the sd, I cant make more space... So if I cant make more space, maybe I can Give more space to.the phone..??..
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Phone memory :/.

    try using a cache cleaner from the market, a lot of apps store bits of information in the cache, and that uses up alot of memory, i use quick app cache cleaner, and that helps me clear about 10mb of memory a day from apps that i use alot.
    hope that helps good luck
  5. #5  
    dumpedduce's Avatar

    Posts
    827 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic Hd

    Default Re: Phone memory :/.

    My main question is this. Why do you need 60 apps for???

    Next if you are stock running Sense, you can root and run an AOSP rom which is much MUCH lighter and takes up less memory. I'm on Decks 1.2.1 Stable and have 300MB of ram left and only using 65MB of internal memory. You can move any app to the SD card with most AOSP roms.

    Can't really enjoy your phone without it being rooted.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dumpedduce View Post
    My main question is this. Why do you need 60 apps for???

    Next if you are stock running Sense, you can root and run an AOSP rom which is much MUCH lighter and takes up less memory. I'm on Decks 1.2.1 Stable and have 300MB of ram left and only using 65MB of internal memory. You can move any app to the SD card with most AOSP roms.

    Can't really enjoy your phone without it being rooted.
    Mmm.. I guess thats true. ill look into rooting then.
    I have about 8 games, 20/25 utility apps, 5/7 social apps, 8 media and streaming apps, and the rest are apps I cant delete or that are necessary.
    I didn't wanted to root because I really like how Sense looks, but then I found GO launcher.. so I don't care if I root anymore, I guess.. haha.
  7. #7  
    d1ck3y0da's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    AreaROMv2.0(2.1 soon)

    Default Re: Phone memory :/.

    ok i did what you said by getting the app but still having the same problem. i dont quite have 60 apps but like 30 or so. every app possible is on my sdcard. and if i clear app cache will it delete my saved games???
    Last edited by d1ck3y0da; 03-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.
  8. #8  
    PointDexter85's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    ROM
    4 Korners/2.3.5

    Default

    Deleting the cache inside the Apps 2 SD app wrong delete ur saved games. It just takes clears memory.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    VWCC's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default

    Another thing you can do, all of the pre installed apps (stock, Sprint football, kindle,ect) that you do not use ; delete the updates. I did that and it gave me some extra memory.:thumbup:

    Sent from a rooted payphone using Taptalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Phone memory :/.

    Quote Originally Posted by alanblk82 View Post
    Mmm.. I guess thats true. ill look into rooting then.
    I have about 8 games, 20/25 utility apps, 5/7 social apps, 8 media and streaming apps, and the rest are apps I cant delete or that are necessary.
    I didn't wanted to root because I really like how Sense looks, but then I found GO launcher.. so I don't care if I root anymore, I guess.. haha.
    if you like sense there are sense roms available. i use a sense 3.5 rom and it is nice and smooth.

Posting Permissions

B