HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

ktkearney

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Happy to have the update on blutooth contacts, but have they fixed the connectivity issue? - After so many connections the "paired but not connected" notification will pop up. The fix is to reset your paired device. I can do that with my radio headset. I can't do it with my HRM (Heart Rate Monitor). The real fix needs to be in the software on the phone.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
Got it here in PA this morning. I hope this helps with the random white screen/reboots. That was getting REALLY ANNOYING.

So far, it hasn't stopped the random white screen reboots. Another interesting thing is, "Default" is greyed out, I can't find Launcher Pro among my apps in the list until I go into Menu and Manage Applications. Then I can find it but "default" is greyed out there too. So apparently Sense "decided" that I can't disabled it or enable/use Launcher Pro. Way to go HTC. My next phone will not be an HTC. I hope the Photon is more stable.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any changes at all... What are the changes suppose to be?
The update was just for a few bug fixes, listed in the first post of this thread. If you've never experienced any of these bugs before, it's unlikely for you to notice any difference.
Looks like some folks are getting this update right now, check for updates folks!

[INFO]HTC EVO Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Integrated voice recognition accuracy with voice search and voice-to-text

- Image size issue with contact transfer over bluetooth

- Images cut off in Picasa

- Group contacts not in alphabetical order

- Out of memory, Unable to send SMS

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.53.651.1

- This update will be released in stages to devices over the next 1-2 weeks. When manually trying to initiate

the update, you may receive a message that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later,

or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

- Refer to the HTC EVO Software Update blog for install instructions. [/INFO]

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine reboots super fast all of a sudden. Right when I turn it on it says sprint rather than HTC EVO and cuts off right after the 4G shows instead of pausing for a few seconds

jr.reicherts

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble with their sound/speakers after installing this update?

My sounds have mysteriously stopped working. I can only get the phone to vibrate. Tried doing a factory reset, but can't find anything through the settings menu and the volume down + power button method doesn't work either.

I am really starting to hate Android.

jr.reicherts

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble with their sound/speakers after installing this update?

My sounds have mysteriously stopped working. I can only get the phone to vibrate. Tried doing a factory reset, but can't find anything through the settings menu and the volume down + power button method doesn't work either.

I am really starting to hate Android.
Nevermind, I fixed it.

Saw a mention in another forum about headphone jacks getting affected, so I blasted it with canned air and Shazam! Got my sound back. :)

denbake

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like some folks are getting this update right now, check for updates folks!

[INFO]HTC EVO Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Integrated voice recognition accuracy with voice search and voice-to-text

- Image size issue with contact transfer over bluetooth

- Images cut off in Picasa

- Group contacts not in alphabetical order

- Out of memory, Unable to send SMS

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.53.651.1

- This update will be released in stages to devices over the next 1-2 weeks. When manually trying to initiate

the update, you may receive a message that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later,

or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

- Refer to the HTC EVO Software Update blog for install instructions. [/INFO]
i cant update my evo to Gbread, keeps telling me the file is corrupt each time.. any suggestions?

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
You said it. Man... I don't think i have that many apps. Probably only about 8-10 > 10MB. And I have almost all of those apps on the SD card, but i constantly hover at about 48MB free in order to keep these messages from appearing.
I had this problem too (and am having it agian). the issue was with my email. only fix was a hard reset. annoying.

Eternitii

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
please tell me how you fixed the process.com.htc.launcher loop my phone has een looping for hours and i really dont want to take it to sprint and have them replace my phone if i dont have to ive tried everything i could think of in order to get to the settings menu but i just cant seem to get there thank you in advance :)

LVRealtor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Eternitii, two things to try.

1. Keep pressing the search key as you dismiss the force close. If you get the search function, type settings, then clear the HTC cache.
2. If you have vlingo as your default voice search, HOLD the search key down, and say "settings"

kendallc123

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CyanogenMod 7.1.0 stable for the Evo 4G. Will I get updates or should I flash a Sense ROM and update my phone from there? I'm pretty confused about this stuff lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20