HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks like some folks are getting this update right now, check for updates folks!

[INFO]HTC EVO Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Integrated voice recognition accuracy with voice search and voice-to-text

- Image size issue with contact transfer over bluetooth

- Images cut off in Picasa

- Group contacts not in alphabetical order

- Out of memory, Unable to send SMS

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.53.651.1

- This update will be released in stages to devices over the next 1-2 weeks. When manually trying to initiate

the update, you may receive a message that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later,

or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

- Refer to the HTC EVO Software Update blog for install instructions. [/INFO]

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't accept it. Wait a few days and a dev will pull the rom from the update and have it rooted so everyone can try it out.

About the battery drain, it's hard to tell. They always say the battery life is improved but most people never see it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I want the stupid Low Memory errors to go away and to still be able to use my phone when there's 10% free space instead of it deciding that 10% = 0% = no work for you!

raygunc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I want the stupid Low Memory errors to go away and to still be able to use my phone when there's 10% free space instead of it deciding that 10% = 0% = no work for you!

You said it. Man... I don't think i have that many apps. Probably only about 8-10 > 10MB. And I have almost all of those apps on the SD card, but i constantly hover at about 48MB free in order to keep these messages from appearing.

mikemac#AC

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I rooted a friend's Evo after updating it to 4.53.651.1 using Revolutionary today. Worked like a charm! When I was doing the process, I didn't realize it had the latest version until after it was done.

Reactions: jaytee

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got it in LA'ish (Santa Clarita). I did the HTC update and clicked "check now." On about the 5th time, it came with a message that the update was available.

Quick guess... They have a quota on how many simultaneous update downloads can take place. I got in the cue on my 5th time on checking for the update.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So it doesn't allow video chat through Google Talk?
I don't think this updates us to Android 2.3.4, which is required for video to work on Google Talk.

Where do I check for the update?
There's no guarantee that you'll get it, since Sprint's still in the process of rolling it out to everyone, but press the Menu button while on your home screen, choose Settings, scroll down to System Updates, and hit Firmware Update.

papachan

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Updated this morning in Reno, NV.

Initial, quick impressions?

Fixed my un-alphabetized Contact Groups! :D

BUT, icons inside user folders come up generic if they're on the SD card.
(Still have to change Scenes...) :(

Too early to tell if the reboot issue has been fixed or not...

Took a succession of photos (front and back) and video without reboots!
However, for a few photos, the right half got some weird transparent overlaps of itself.
The problem seems to have gone away after viewing the Gallery and going back and taking pictures...
We'll see if this holds up after having the phone up and running for away...

Voice search works indirectly (speaking from afar)!

nrhtx

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I rooted a friend's Evo after updating it to 4.53.651.1 using Revolutionary today. Worked like a charm! When I was doing the process, I didn't realize it had the latest version until after it was done.

Hello, So you indicated that your friend already had his phone updated to 4.53.651.1 and you were still able to root it? I rooted my EVO Aug 14 using Revolutionary, Can I update to get 4.53.651.1 and it will not turn s-on to s-off.

Sorry I'm scaredddddddddddddd to lose root

I just want the fix for voice to text.

Thank you
NRHTX

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I got it this morning in Illinois near St Louis, MO. It must not be too big because it dodn't take long to install. Voice to text seems to work much better, but Sense reloads still occur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton