Battery/App monitoring?

Jase

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been having a sudden battery drain on my EVO 4G over the past few nights. I will charge my phone to 100% before I leave work at 5:00. At 11:00 when I go to bed, it is still easily at 90%. By the time I wake up in the morning, it is dead. I rely quite a bit on the alarm, so obviously have the thing dying during the night is a huge issue for me.

I haven't installed any apps or changed any settings on the phone lately that I can think of that would cause this. I have 4G, bluetooth, and GPS off. The only thing I usually leave on is the WiFi, which has never been an issue in the past.

So, I'm trying to track down the problem, and I would like some advice on what app might be most useful to track what is eating my battery. I've seen lots of mention of WatchDog and others here, but I'm not sure what would fit my needs best. Since this only seems to happen during the night when I am sleeping, I am looking for something that doesn't sound alarms. Also, since the phone is usually dead in the morning, I need something that actually saves logs to memory so I can review them after recharging and rebooting the phone.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Jase

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Settings---->About Phone---->Battery---->Battery Use

yeah, thanks. already knew about that, but if you read my post, the battery drains at night while I'm asleep. When the phone shuts off, it clears the "battery use" list, therefore it is of no use to me. I suppose I could plug it in at night and the check that list in the morning, but I'm not convinced it would give me any real usable information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan