1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Captcha verification?

I just now looked at my phone, and it had a captcha image verification request. it wasn't on a webpage or anything, it seems to be something embedded in the operating system. I saw this for the first time today. Also, yesterday my Gmail account was hacked, but ultimately I recovered it and reset the password.

As soon as I entered the correct captcha (third try, hard to read on the Evo's screen.) my phone just came back to life and everything seems correct. I just feel that something is wrong. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Please help!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Captcha verification?

I guess I should say that my Evo is not rooted, and I have the stock keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKBoyd View Post
    I guess I should say that my Evo is not rooted, and I have the stock keyboard.
    I have the same problem. It happens every few days, where I can't get my email unless I unlock with captcha. I usu have to go to google's captcha site on internet to unlock, and then it works fine. For a few days. I'm also unrooted. Doesn't have anything to do with keyboard. I think it may have to do with how often you get notifications with gmail. If i have helped, please hit thank-you button to the right.
    Last edited by westie3130; 08-25-2011 at 07:31 PM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am seeng at different websites that if people try to hack into your Google account unsuccessfully three times in a row, it will ask you to enter the captcha. That makes sence, because my account was hacked yesterday like I said, and people are probably still attempting to infiltrate my Gmail account.

Have not seen this with access to my phone, but the Slacker app does this. It's strange cause I'll be driving along for quite awhile listening, then suddenly it's asking me for CAPTCHA crap to get in.

Yeah, because I want to be typing in CAPTCHA stuff while I'm driving....(I'm one of those people who don't want to be typing/texting while trying to avoid crashing in a flaming pile of wreckage)