cache? daily memory drain?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have only had my evolution about a week but I'm noticing a disturbing trend. I previously had a LG Optimus s and used a app called "one tap cache cleaner" and I use it several times a day as I do a lot on the web. Lets say I do a cache check and have 7 mb of data in my cache I can clean. I hit "clear cache" and my memory only improves 2MB. Its like I have 5 MB that can't be cleared through this app. It also seems like my memory goes down even when I don't get any texts or anything. I have over 200MB available and I haven't moved apps 2 sd card yet but what's up with the cache cleaner not freeing up the memory it says it should free up And why am I losing like .08MB of memory every day? Any idea?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Its not my first android phone. And my internal memory dropping everyday when I haven't downloaded any new apps or gotten any texts or emails is a problem I choose to be concerned with. Correct me if I'm wrong but we are talking about MY phone right? People can obsess over whatever they want...IMO. I hear what you're saying but at this rate ill have no memory in 2 months. It goes down a small amount everyday and I don't know why. Ill figure it out. Thanks for your opinion

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use cachemate for root. It clears every three hours and the phone stays zippy as new. It's one dollar in the market

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Still stock. Sorry I forgot to mention. My optimus s was rooted but I've just been so happy to have the performance increase I didn't think I'd need to root this. Its a nice device and I see online I'm not alone with this problem. If I see 200+ MB disappear I will be astonished LOL. Do you have root w/ gingerbread update? I didn't have a choice. 2.3.3 was already installed when I got it.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Still stock. Sorry I forgot to mention. My optimus s was rooted but I've just been so happy to have the performance increase I didn't think I'd need to root this. Its a nice device and I see online I'm not alone with this problem. If I see 200+ MB disappear I will be astonished LOL. Do you have root w/ gingerbread update? I didn't have a choice. 2.3.3 was already installed when I got it.

Yea, I used Revolutionary to get me s-off, and then downloaded the superuser file to root it. They have a lot of cache cleaners in the market. It's faster than rebooting to dump the temp files. I cleared 35MB tonight in one dump. Every little bit helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma