1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default EVO 4G FM Tuner?

On the Sprint web site with the EVO specs, it lists an FM Tuner. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else.. anyone seen this listed as a spec anywhere.

If this is true, I see a lot of free promotion from the radio stations across the country... ! And nice feature too...

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If Sprint lists it as a feature, I am sure it will be included. I do believe that I have seen it mentioned in one of the many Evo videos from CTIA. Either way, it's probably not something I'd use, unless you like listening to you commericals or your favorite talk show, I'd prefer to listen to just music using one of the many music streaming apps like Slacker, RadioTime, Pandora, etc..

The Incredible does have an FM Tuner (listened to it myself on my co-worker's incredible), and since the EVO is the Incredible on steroids, I don't see any reason to doubt that the EVO will also have an FM Tuner.

You do have to have headphones plugged in for it to work (and it can be fussy on the position of the headphone cord, it's using it as the attenna), but once it's started you can turn on the back speaker of the phone to listen to the music. Pretty nice.

FM tuner wasn't really necessary as iheartradio works well.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

you must work for Clear Channel.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

iheart is complete garbage, the app sometimes works
    Lloyd Lover

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    Photon: CM10, Xoom: Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Delvorak View Post
    The Incredible does have an FM Tuner (listened to it myself on my co-worker's incredible), and since the EVO is the Incredible on steroids, I don't see any reason to doubt that the EVO will also have an FM Tuner.

You do have to have headphones plugged in for it to work (and it can be fussy on the position of the headphone cord, it's using it as the attenna), but once it's started you can turn on the back speaker of the phone to listen to the music. Pretty nice.
    You are exactly right. The EVO's FM Radio is identical to the Incredible one.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Gyms have TV's that transmit the audio in FM.

Default Re: EVO 4G FM Tuner?

I was wondering about the FM tuner for the gym TV myself. Can you manually tune to a station, then save it as a preset? I am considering the Evo Shift 4g for my wife. I imagine it will have a similar tuner. Thanks!

Matt