EVO 4G FM Tuner?

kcSteve

May 7, 2010
Visit site
On the Sprint web site with the EVO specs, it lists an FM Tuner. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else.. anyone seen this listed as a spec anywhere.

If this is true, I see a lot of free promotion from the radio stations across the country... ! And nice feature too...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If Sprint lists it as a feature, I am sure it will be included. I do believe that I have seen it mentioned in one of the many Evo videos from CTIA. Either way, it's probably not something I'd use, unless you like listening to you commericals or your favorite talk show, I'd prefer to listen to just music using one of the many music streaming apps like Slacker, RadioTime, Pandora, etc..

Delvorak

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible does have an FM Tuner (listened to it myself on my co-worker's incredible), and since the EVO is the Incredible on steroids, I don't see any reason to doubt that the EVO will also have an FM Tuner.

You do have to have headphones plugged in for it to work (and it can be fussy on the position of the headphone cord, it's using it as the attenna), but once it's started you can turn on the back speaker of the phone to listen to the music. Pretty nice.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible does have an FM Tuner (listened to it myself on my co-worker's incredible), and since the EVO is the Incredible on steroids, I don't see any reason to doubt that the EVO will also have an FM Tuner.

You do have to have headphones plugged in for it to work (and it can be fussy on the position of the headphone cord, it's using it as the attenna), but once it's started you can turn on the back speaker of the phone to listen to the music. Pretty nice.

You are exactly right. The EVO's FM Radio is identical to the Incredible one.

maddog808

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering about the FM tuner for the gym TV myself. Can you manually tune to a station, then save it as a preset? I am considering the Evo Shift 4g for my wife. I imagine it will have a similar tuner. Thanks!

Matt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63