HTC legal problem!!

carreragt2790

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ive been having problems with HTC recently. I got a replacement htc evo 4g this summer sent to me from them and when i sent my evo back to them they never received it(USPS). So they ended up charging me 529 bucks, but i contested the charge with my bank. I just recently received an email saying they received my device and that they repaired it and they are sending it back to me after two months. Well i just received it and they said theyre going to charge my card 529 again. Can they legally charge me even though it was their error? I know this is a tech site not a legal site but im curious what i should do.. is my only option sending it back? or are they in the wrong?

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with Awizzard. If you have now have two Evo's, then they correctly charged you. Return the 2nd one and get your money back out keep it and pay for it. If they refuse to allow you to return it, then you may have a complaint.

areed1787

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Read your book before you hire a laywer, HTC is a wonderful company, you just have to get past the people who I guess are just there to get you tired of telling your story. if you can't solve it, let me know I have a direct # to a girl in corp in WA, state.

carreragt2790

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up sending my EVO back to them. Apparently they were going to charge me a second time for the EVO. Once in June for not receiving the phone from me and now because they sent the phone I got charged for back to me, doesn't make sense but I didn't want to deal with them anymore. I just called my bank and filed a claim on this dispute. I can't deal with them anymore, its driving me crazy

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Rule number 1 - always use a method that has tracking and reliability preferably fedex, priority mail, or ups.

Rule Number 2 - always use either a debit card or credit card since you can contest it with your bank.

And why would they send it back if they sent a replacement?

carreragt2790

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i got my evo repaired about five times by them, so i got sick of paying for all that stuff, and the one time i didnt pay for tracking it got lost. well you have to give your card to them, or they wouldnt send a replacement. idk why they sent it back, htc sucks. i even called them about it and they had no idea what i was talking about, i had to talk to three supervisors. they dont know what theyre doing

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, I would've contacted Sprint retentions dept after the third one and demanded a phone that works.

And even though they asked for your card info, you can still chargeback them if they take funds out without your authorization.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Id agree with you man. I had the same problem when i was with Verizon. I kept on getting refurbs that were no good. I kept on returning them frequently until i got a useable one & i decided to just quit the exchanges & wait till my contract was up to get rid of the crappy phone. But anywho usually when i do things over mail i usually get some form of proof that i shipped out the package just in case it gets lost just to be sure even though its a couple of extra bucks on my part. Better to play things safe & not regret it after. But hey we learn from our mistakes right?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we do. I had a similar problem with Sprint wanting to give me a refurbished phone for my Evo but a call to retentions fixed that problem. All i had to do was send my evo in and they send me a replacement but i chose to do it through the sprint store. No shipping on my part and they were able to verify my phone right then and there.