Line up at midnight

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
With everything the EVO is, lets be honest, it will not get the same pop as the iphone G4 with idiots standing in line for days to get the first one, but do you think there will be a line outside of sprint stores before they open on the day it is released, or can I stroll in at lunchtime and pick one up.

I konw some verizon stores were hit or miss with the incresdible (my local verizon had only 2 left by 1200 when I went in to check them out.

And... are you personally going to line up before the store opens, and when?

RedWings

May 9, 2010
Visit site
If I were getting one on the first day, i'd either:

1. Pre-order and pick it up at the store at lunch
2. Pre-order / order online and let it get shipped to me.

Waiting outside, in a line, for hours is not worth it.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If I were getting one on the first day, i'd either:

1. Pre-order and pick it up at the store at lunch
2. Pre-order / order online and let it get shipped to me.

Waiting outside, in a line, for hours is not worth it.

+1

I will be going on my lunch break to pre-order and to pick up the phone :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Also, the iphone doesn't have the same type pre-ordering, so you HAVE to sit outside in whatever whether (good for apple for picking summer instead of winter). I believe the 3GS had something where you could order it before hand from apple's website, but the first and second models didn't.
I think I would have to play with a device before buying it. I look at the ipad's. I don't get the idea behind them, but those I know who have one, love them. Personally, if I decide to buy the MLB.TV package, the iPad's app is second to none for the same price as Android's which is lacking in so many areas (not android's fault, its definitely MLB's, they could offer video, but just, don't). But I wouldn't honestly use the ipad as an e-reader, backlit screens for that is just dumb (nook and kindle FTW), most apps on the iPad look like crap, since their resolution/screen size is for the iphone. There isn't cross-platform unity. If you had an ipod touch, paid for an app, got an ipad, you'd have to pay for that app AGAIN.

Sorry, I went on a rant that's totally irrelevant. I have a macbook, and hate it. I do like my cheapo Nano though.

RedWings

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I would have to play with a device before buying it.

For me I prefer to wait so I can see how it really functions in the real world. I was one of the first to jump on a Blackberry Tour when it came out. What a mistake. The trackball on the first batch were garbage and not much better when they 'fixed' them.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Pre a month after... Still garbage just like the originals. This device will have 2 cameras, but no apps available to use the front one (unless some get released around launch, which is possible). I wouldn't have a use for the front facing camera, but it would be nice for them to use it for auto-brightness like the macbooks do, unless it suffers from battery life.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
To be honest the im not the type of guy who line up all night if i pre order ill go and get it if not just wait untill there is availability on a store ....

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I plan on being one of the 1st to pre-order at BB.
I'm not camping out, or even showing up before opening, unless I just feel like tormenting any who do camp but I will be there early.
Unless by some miracle I get it the night before.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since I am my own boss, I can work when I want to so I can go early to be sure I get one on launch day. I think availability won't be a problem for me this time around simply because this time around, both Radio shack and Best Buy plus the Sprint stores should have them in stock. Last time around, we didn't have a Best Buy in our town, Radio Shack didn't get the Pre for another 2 months, and none but one Sprint store had it on launch day. That particular store (a kiosk in the mall) had the greedy policy of only selling to new customers, upgrade customers had to order through them and then wait 2 or 3 days until it came in, that landed up being my faith.

On top of that, my town seems to be a hotspot for iPhones, and, since the average age in this county is 62 (no kidding, oldest average age county in the nation!), there aren't too many people left that I'd have to fight with to get my Evo.

So what will I do? Probably Pre order with whoever lets me first. And while I want to give the business to my local (conveniently located) Radio Shack, they don't have the device to transfer phone numbers, Best Buy does.

So truthfully, I am still clueless...lol

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
This is what I'm going to do. Pre-order at bestbuy. If for some reason bestbuy doesn't have it on the day its suppose to launch I'm speeding to the closest sprint store buying the phone and going back to bestbuy to use the gift card i got for the pre-order and get a bunch of accessories for the phone

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I too will be getting it from Bestbuy by pre-ordering rather than a sprint store and having to deal with rebates. Might go at store opening on the day pre-ordering begins.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If the Incredible is any indication I doubt there will be lines of people waiting. (In my area at least.)

But I agree with others pre-order is the way to go, either through Best Buy or another outlet.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what happened on the Incredible. The local VZ had them in on launch day and was pretty much empty. Now the two days after I passed VZ it was slam-packed.
I think a few die-hards will camp.

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I will camp, If Sprint hypes up this phone like no other and I know that a lot of people are going to know about it.If not I will stroll myself into a Best Buy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01