Yo Sprint/HTC, you need to hype up EVO now

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
A month before Droid came out Verizon had really hot ads and they continued hot ads at and after launch. It sold like hotcakes. Where is this for the EVO?

The tech community is hot for it but that was also the case for Palm Pre and it didn't do so hot. You must hype the hell out of it with intriguing TV ads, now.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
They're holding a press event this Wednesday. My guess is that their marketing campain will start then. I agree with you though. They should have already thrown some ads on TV (even sans release date).

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
They're holding a press event this Wednesday. My guess is that their marketing campain will start then. I agree with you though. They should have already thrown some ads on TV (even sans release date).

Good point. Wednesday is the test of how they intend to market. If no ads by then, probably will not be hyped up.

RedWings

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for Palm. Running out of stock is a better issue to have than lackluster interest from the non-techie crowd. Hype worked for Droid.

I know what it takes to sell a bunch of these....I just wish they'd give the people who are really waiting on this phone a chance at a pre-sale. Then release them to the masses after a bunch of advertising.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Less hype = more stock = no backorder = no waiting for us real fans.

This is what I was thinking exactly for my own personal kicks and usage. At the same time, more hype=less initial stock(us enthusiasts will be sure to guarantee a launch unit from preorder) = larger backorders= more units out on the streets = more demand for faster/better releases for updates/features, patches, bug fixes= more profit for Sprint, HTC, etc and more longevity for your already awesome Evo

Last edited:

Reveille

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Had sighting on 24 tonight. They are just starting to rev up campaign. They sponsor a lot of shows and should start showcasing each night if they are smart. After Wednesday I bet we see a lot more of the EVO on these sprint shows.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Describe the sighting on 24!

And where did the other person see that Best Buy Mobile is getting their site ready for the Evo?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think they got the Evo mixed up with the Incredible.

Someone on Precentral reported seeing that mystery device on 24 as well, with people suspecting it to be an Evo as well since Sprint is a big sponsor for that show. I would be very surprised to either see a T Mobile HD2 or a Verizon Incredible on a Sprint sponsored show that used to showcase the Palm Pre.

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Describe the sighting on 24!

And where did the other person see that Best Buy Mobile is getting their site ready for the Evo?

I was talking about the page bdarknessb pointed out but also the mobile front page has the Evo on it as well as the Incredible, also has a banner on the top.

Best Buy

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Someone on Precentral reported seeing that mystery device on 24 as well, with people suspecting it to be an Evo as well since Sprint is a big sponsor for that show. I would be very surprised to either see a T Mobile HD2 or a Verizon Incredible on a Sprint sponsored show that used to showcase the Palm Pre.

No, i wasn't talking about the show, I was talking about bestbuy. Now that someone threw up the links, I see what they were talking about. The Best Buy Mobile ad has the Incredible on the cover with Coming Soon (since it was released last month) and thought they might have been confusing that with the Evo.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing ads on tech blogs and site all over the place since Sprint announced the EVO. That said, only techies who would already know about it will see them. Sprint and HTC need to launch a major TV campaign, and I seriously hope they do. The lack and quality of advertising played a large part in the Pre not taking off (aside from hardware issues) so let's hope Sprint learned their lesson.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Totally agreed sprint is the worst mobile company when it comes to advertising, it happened already with the palm and soecially with the hero when they released the hero the phone was the best in the market but nobody even knew there was a great phone named hero (shame on sprint) the most basic marketing principle states if dont show what u've got no one will buy, so they are doing awful with the advertising ...cmn dude every place i turn i see droids and """droid does" wth verizon knows and want to take these phones to the regular users they dont even know the specs but they know there is acool phone named droid and that he is the only one who "does" thats why they blew up the sales in this quarter...lear sprint learn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey