Waiting to end his Pre-Misery

agesop

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Man i cant WAIT for the evo to come out. This is my second pre, should really be on my 3rd but i am just trying to wait out either the evo or the iphone, i am so hoping for the evo first because i so hate at&t's prices. loved the service but the price was terrible. I am so glad to be on my unlimited everything + the kitchen sink plan at sprint. i dont even think about how much i do anything lol.

I sooooooooooooo would like to stay like that with the evo. I have owned the iphone multiple berries the pre samsung blackjack. I am hoping the evo is the closest thing to the iphone experience i can get on an actually AFFORDABLE carrier.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Why do you like the iPhone so much?

No customizing
No true multitasking
4.0 Just caught up with webOS and Android as far as functionality of productivity sources
Boring UI (tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap......tap.)
No google voice, goggles, latitude, etc.
Only one carrier

I could go on.... The iPhone is a good phone, but I think that in general, the other systems are now better. The other OS's out there were, until recently, shunned out by iPhone OS, which was amazing compared to the rest. Now, Android, WebOS and Blackberry OS beat the living &^*&% out of the iPhone. Apple limited their product, and continues to do so. Until they don't, they will continue to lose.

I love Apple products, especially their computers... but because they limit everything else, they will lose.

I currently have a Palm Pre, and I am seriously thinking about going Evo when it comes out. Palm didn't give us a new device by our upgrade time, so time to leave. I am a launch Pre owner, but on my 3rd Palm Pre.

Trust me, I think the Evo 4G will not only come close to the iPhone.... it will EASILY surpass it. Unless iPhone 4G/HD comes out with something unbelievable.

oldgreg20

May 9, 2010
Visit site
see thats the biggest misconception about the i phone, that it cant be customize that theres no multitasking..yeah thats very true..UNLESS you jailbreak. when i was looking to buy an mp3 i player i was stuck between the itouch, or the zune hd. and i decided to buy the ipod, and the first day i had it i jailbroke it. and i was able to customize the heck out of it with themes, icons, lockscreens. to the point were some of my freinds thought i had bought a cheap Chinese knockoff. now im able to load pre cracked games...which i cant get too in depth about. i can use the remaining memory as a usb memory like if it were a flash drive. and hook it up to my led tv and watch movies on there from my ipod. yeah apple is the root of all evil, but you just got to know how to manipulate that evil lol.
so an iphone isnt all that bad, its just a shame that the device has to jailbroken to get to its true potential. maybe one day steve jobs will pull his head out of his anus, but till that day comes. i will bask in the htc evos glory!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
To that, I say what I always say.

I don't buy a phone for what it can do when I hack it. I buy for what it can do out of the box.

Why? Because if it can do a lot out of the box, imagine what it can do when I hack it. See? Why start with a one dollar bill to get to 50, when you can start at 45?

oldgreg20

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i totally agree. but it takes the fun out of "hacking" and these forums would wither and die...much like Freddy Kruger. if you don't believe then he doesn't exist... poor poor Freddy Kruger.

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The fact of the matter is peolpe want the iPhone because its easy popular and promoted well. Most people dont care what limits there mobile OS will have. All they care about is what TV says and apple TV comercials say there's an app for that so they buy it not knowing what they are getting into. Marketing is what it comes down to. I watch pleanty of TV and see little to no Android Commercials in fact all you ever see is the Moto Droid Comercial and it does not really get into how great android is or even what the Market brings to the table. Apple has done an amazing job marketing and creating fans across the globe android must do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol