Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Sprint Pre Order?

I followed the event best i could on my phone cause i was at work at the time and didn't know if they covered this and i missed it or if it wasn't mentioned at all. Did they say if and when they would start accepting pre-orders for the device?

Nope....not that I am aware of. I would recommend hitting your local BestBuy or RadioShack to discuss with them. I know I will be doing that first thing tomorrow...

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Best Buy started deposits today.. I just put down the $50 2 hours ago...
    Thanked by:

Thank you extraordinaire, I will be visiting my local BestBuy 9 in the morning tomorrow.

So since I'm completely new to the whole putting in a pre-order, how does that work exactly? Do you just simply put down the $50 and they hold a phone specifically for you?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea, if you want to purchase through Best Buy. You pay your $50 and you are pretty much guranteed to have the HTC Evo 4G on June 4th when they come into Best Buy of that lovely delivery truck :-). If you change your mind, you can get your $50 back. I think BB has changed a few things w/ deposits. They used to issue you a gift card for $50 towards the phone when you pick it up, but I guess they've stopped that.

Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinaire View Post
    Yea, if you want to purchase through Best Buy. You pay your $50 and you are pretty much guranteed to have the HTC Evo 4G on June 4th when they come into Best Buy of that lovely delivery truck :-). If you change your mind, you can get your $50 back. I think BB has changed a few things w/ deposits. They used to issue you a gift card for $50 towards the phone when you pick it up, but I guess they've stopped that.
    So when you pre-ordered today, You just gave them 50 dollars? And this will be applied to the price of the phone when u pick it up on the 4th, you will just pay the remainder of 149.99? Also, was 199.99 ure final cost or did they charge tax? and did they give u the option for total equipment protection?

BIG RUMOR Radio Shack May 21st., deliver May 29th.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    So when you pre-ordered today, You just gave them 50 dollars? And this will be applied to the price of the phone when u pick it up on the 4th, you will just pay the remainder of 149.99? Also, was 199.99 ure final cost or did they charge tax? and did they give u the option for total equipment protection?
    It was $50 + tax... They gave me the recipt showing that I paid the preorder. The rep stapled that to my information sheet with the picture of the phone on it. When I come back on 6/4, the $50 + tax I paid will be applied to the $199.99 + tax. So, yes, ultimately $149.99. The option for all the equip protection will be offered to you 6/4, so you won't deal with that yet.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Best Buy will accept pre-orders for the new phone today, May 13, and will offer an instant rebate instead of the $100 mail-in rebate Sprint stores will offer.

from phonescoop.com

Quote Originally Posted by dre3k2 View Post
    Best Buy will accept pre-orders for the new phone today, May 13, and will offer an instant rebate instead of the $100 mail-in rebate Sprint stores will offer.

from phonescoop.com
    yes but when will they deliver? The Shack says May 29th from 4 stores I called.

Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinaire View Post
    It was $50 + tax... They gave me the recipt showing that I paid the preorder. The rep stapled that to my information sheet with the picture of the phone on it. When I come back on 6/4, the $50 + tax I paid will be applied to the $199.99 + tax. So, yes, ultimately $149.99. The option for all the equip protection will be offered to you 6/4, so you won't deal with that yet.
    Been real helpful.. thank you

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Best Buy pre-orders available. Just got an email.

Best Buy

Just got back from Best Buy have my Pre-order in hand now waiting for June 4. I had to show the rep my email on the notice on my Pre. He didn't think they started them yet.

ROM

Just got my Preorder in...

$50 and you get a receipt... See you on june 4th bla bla...

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    They Charge Tax on the $50 as well I just got mine it was Exactly $53.50...

Not all Best Buys can do the preorder.
    The one where I'm from doesn't carry Sprint apparently. Major suck.

they did not charge tax on my $50 gift card while placing the order..

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    They Charge Tax on the $50 as well I just got mine it was Exactly $53.50...
    Quote Originally Posted by phobia View Post
    they did not charge tax on my $50 gift card while placing the order..

YMMV, depends on the state and laws for gift card taxes.

I pre ordered at best Buy and after I pick up my phone on the 4th, that's where my dealings with Best Buy end with this phone..
    any problems I have will be handles by the Sprint store, I have TEP and I'll be using it.... lol

Went in last night and got my BB Gift Card. Rolling large on June 4th!

So, I spoke to a Sprint representative about pre-orders in store. He said that they are not discussing that BUT you can go in and put your name on a waiting list so that when it comes in you have priority. I said "Isn't that pre-ordering just under a different name?" He said yeah but they don't really want people knowing about it. I haven't gone in to check it out if it is true but if it is, no more worrying about just Best Buy or Radio Shack or any of the other million and a half retailers running out.

it's true! I'm on the list! Sounded like a pretty legit list, but I will be happier once I actually get the phone.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

radio shack was great for me....guarenteed a phone on the 4th (i pre-ordered 2) they give you $50 gift cards for your deposit so you aren't even really out of pocket and don't have to pay any tax. (you never pay tax for gift cards in any state). I'll use the gift cards towards the purchase and with my u-verse $200 rebate card, I'll have both phones for about $100 out of pocket. radio shack will hold the phones for two days before releasing them. you still get to keep your shack cards if you don't pick them up. oh not to mention $20 credit per phone for accessories...nice!

I pre-ordered mine today at Best Buy and they said each store is getting at least 50 phones but but they will send in the number of pre-orders a few days before the 4th and will get at least that many phones.

He said that in about 2 weeks they will be contacting all the pre-ordered people and arranging time slots for people to come in. That way they can come in and instantly get helped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast