Swap My EVO for LG Marquee?

brody8898

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I just my EVO a few days ago (almost two weeks). I love it, I like the size, screen, Android, ect... but I see that Sprint has issued an E.O.L. for the device.

Like I said, I love the phone, if it had better battery life I'd be happier, as it stands I have to charge it much more than I'm used to. I noticed they've released a new LG Andriod phone that looks like it might work for me (I dislike sliding keyboards) and I was wondering what your advice would be for me.

A little info:

- 4G means nothing to me, I have never turned it on and they have yet to even put it in my town.

- I hate unresponsive touchscreens more than anything, they drive me nuts. Thats a big part of the reason I love my EVO.

- I like the speed of my EVO, again, not the web speed, I mean the responsiveness of my phone and gestures.

- I would like to have the best processor, ram, rom and capacity I could.

I don't know much about LG, but having said that, this was my first HTC product, so... I have yet to root my phone, I plan to once I pass my 30 day window, providing I keep it.

So, keep, swap, something else totally?

Any advice?

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Well if you JUST got you evo a few days ago, I would recommend getting a newer phone.

The best phone for Sprint right now is the Galaxy S 2, the thing is blazing fast. It's the fastest phone right now, and will be a top 3 phone for awhile. I would upgrade to it if I had the chance. Highly recommend if you want one of the nicest phones out, and it will have tons of dev/user support. My friend got one, and it is noticably faster than the EVO (However, not saying the evo is slow. It is an excellent phone.)

There are other options too, such as the Photon. The EVO is a great phone, but compared to the other current options, it isn't top dog anymore. I would even recommend the EVO 3D over the OG.

If you are looking for a solid phone with a great price tag, I wouldn't look any further than the EVO or the Nexus S.

If you are worried about not enjoying the EVO, don't. There is tons of information available on rooting, ROMs, using the phone, troubleshooting, etc for the EVO. I love my OG EVO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12