Voice Actions by Pannous

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
After seeing Siri

I downloaded Voice Action by Pannous
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pannous.voice.actions.free&feature=search_result
Control your phone through speech commands.
Talk to your android. Ask it to:
* Set alarms and reminders
* Send text messages and email
* Voicedial your contacts
* Listen to music and poems
* Get news, facts and translations
* Search images, videos, apps and places
and much more
just by using your voice!
Works on all Android phones version 1.6+
Uses Googles PHENOMENAL Speech Recognition
-----------------------------------------
RECENT CHANGES:
See bottom!
----------------------
Voice Actions - Feature List
Things you can ask Jeannie:
* call James at home
* text Maria that I love her
* news about Barack Obama
* set alarm clock:
* wake up monday at 8am
ask for the distance to the moon,
the capital of brazil
... and other simple facts!
* play music by bach
* launch browser
* open favorites,recent contacts
* search ebay, amazon, wolfram, etc.
* where is berlin center
* enable bluetooth
Say something and ask for it later!
I read poems to you,
ask for a quote about love, ...
* translate I love you in spanish
* email john ... I liked your song
* what sound does an elephant make
* install adobe reader
Get more Voice Actions for your phone:
* make a video
* navigate to Alaska
* contact john doe
* remind me to pick up Joe in 30 minutes
* video of snoring cats
* get me a pizza
* record audio
* image of the sunset
* facebook.com
* just-any-url.org
* define luck
* spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
* horoscope for pisces
* play a game (test)
* reads incoming SMS
* say 'speak faster, louder, chinese'
(SVOX recommended)
* close this application
* previous, next
or just use your fingers to swipe
and some undocumented magic...

Changes in previous release:
--------------------------
Control wifi, bluetooth, volume by voice
Weather forecasts
Painting/Drawing by voice
Sent messages & reminders are saved
Jump to system settings
!!Most things can be said in many ways!!
More functions than Siri, Nuance, Dragon or Vlingo.
All feedback highly appreciated.

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I too liked the idea of Siri and read your post, so I took your challenge! lol. After the initial install, I was pretty impressed, and I even asked 'Jeannie' (the initial name of the voice after the install) if she was part of Skynet. She replied that she didn't know what Skynet was, so I figured I was ok... (or was I? hmmm...) Anyhoo, after my first 5 minutes or so of having some pretty unreal conversations with Jeannie where I was even a little freaked out because it felt like I was talking to C3PO, I was very impressed. Shortly after though, I noticed some issues where it just felt like the Evo wasn't up to the specs required to run this app. Sense reboots every 1-2 minutes... no response from Jeannie... not able to wake her after I put her to sleep... etc. I can't say enough good things about the app, but I'm not sure that the Evo is up to the test. I would really like to see it in person running on a dual core with more ram!

Thanks for the heads up! (btw: I don't think this is your app, but rhetorically speaking, what's with all the Bill Clinton love in the video? Almost creepy. lol)

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I too liked the idea of Siri and read your post, so I took your challenge! lol. After the initial install, I was pretty impressed, and I even asked 'Jeannie' (the initial name of the voice after the install) if she was part of Skynet. She replied that she didn't know what Skynet was, so I figured I was ok... (or was I? hmmm...) Anyhoo, after my first 5 minutes or so of having some pretty unreal conversations with Jeannie where I was even a little freaked out because it felt like I was talking to C3PO, I was very impressed. Shortly after though, I noticed some issues where it just felt like the Evo wasn't up to the specs required to run this app. Sense reboots every 1-2 minutes... no response from Jeannie... not able to wake her after I put her to sleep... etc. I can't say enough good things about the app, but I'm not sure that the Evo is up to the test. I would really like to see it in person running on a dual core with more ram!

Thanks for the heads up! (btw: I don't think this is your app, but rhetorically speaking, what's with all the Bill Clinton love in the video? Almost creepy. lol)

Lol, it's not my app so I have no idea.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm amazed by this app... I actually had a long conversation with ALICE (google it) about the meaning of life, machine intelligence, and humor.

Ask it "what sound does a chicken make?" (or any other animal). Be creative with your questions and try carrying on a linear conversation. And when you've had enough fun, say "close this application" (be firm...)

Siri has nothing on us :)

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It is a very cool app. However, "shake" doesn't wake it up 100% of the time. I tried "hey phone" and it is a hit or miss when I turned on the "run app in background" option.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this app but it doesn't really work as well as it is advertised. Not really liking it much. I think I will stick with Vlingo.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Shake to wake doesn't work on 2 different bionics. Secondly, I don't understand how to put this app to sleep. When I install this app originally about a week ago the shake to wake function worked just fine. I think an automatic update broke something

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Shake to wake doesn't work on 2 different bionics. Secondly, I don't understand how to put this app to sleep. When I install this app originally about a week ago the shake to wake function worked just fine. I think an automatic update broke something

How can you know shake to wake doesn't work if you can't get it to sleep?

Just say "Jeannie go to sleep"

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Jeannie is a lot of fun and also useful. It's great being able to say "Wake me up tomorrow morning at 5:15" and she'll do it. But her sense of humor is what makes it for me. Here are some real examples
(And before you start in on me, yes I know these are totally nerdy questions):

Me: "Who is better, Kirk or Picard?"
Jeannie: Captain Janeway is the best captain!

Me: "Will you marry me?"
Jeannie: "Why don't you just download me instead?"

Me: "Do you like sex?"
Jeannie: "Yes, but that doesn't mean with you."

Me: "I love to hear you laugh"
Jeannie: (in Pee-Wee Herman's voice) "Heh-heh!"

I could go on and on. But its hard to predict when she'll give you a snappy comeback or just give you a straight answer. I tried to upgrade to get the paid "cleverer" version, but apparently it won't let custom roms upgrade. "Buy and install" is greyed out in the Market for me. I'm running Liquid 3.2 on an OG Droid. Also I'm getting "low memory" messages but it continues working anyway. Haven't had it FC on me yet. Overall it's a pretty great app, and I look forward to seeing it get even better.

Last edited:

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Jeannie is a lot of fun and also useful. It's great being able to say "Wake me up tomorrow morning at 5:15" and she'll do it. But her sense of humor is what makes it for me. Here are some real examples
(And before you start in on me, yes I know these are totally nerdy questions):

Me: "Who is better, Kirk or Picard?"
Jeannie: Captain Janeway is the best captain!

Me: "Will you marry me?"
Jeannie: "Why don't you just download me instead?"

Me: "Do you like sex?"
Jeannie: "Yes, but that doesn't mean with you."

Me: "I love to hear you laugh"
Jeannie: (in Pee-Wee Herman's voice) "Heh-heh!"

I could go on and on. But its hard to predict when she'll give you a snappy comeback or just give you a straight answer. I tried to upgrade to get the paid "cleverer" version, but apparently it won't let custom roms upgrade. "Buy and install" is greyed out in the Market for me. I'm running Liquid 3.2 on an OG Droid. Also I'm getting "low memory" messages but it continues working anyway. Haven't had it FC on me yet. Overall it's a pretty great app, and I look forward to seeing it get even better.

I'm on a custom rom and upgraded no problem.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I really like Jeannie so far. I thought it was pretty funny when she said she was from Heaven. Quite the sense of humor.