for people coming from the pre(1 year upgrade to

derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
With the new HTC Evo coming out on the 4th, I was wondering as to how it would work with upgrading. I am a sprint PREIMERE customer so i am able to upgrade yearly. I checked my upgrade status and it said i was able to upgrade on/after june1st. Correct? Will the Evo still cost 200? or...? Thank you

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat!
I believe your are correct- we can get the Evo for the $199 price with our Premiere upgrades. Of course this is $199 after a $100 mail in rebate- or you can pre order from Best Buy and the hundred bucks will be taken off at the point of purchase!

Anyone know if there will be an activation fee?

deekoi

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have the pre and am a sprint premiere member. My impression of this is that we will have to renew our plan to 2 year contract starting from the day we get the phone. I'm guessing we will need to go in the store or order via tele-sales.

I don't think we can go into best buy and pre-order? i don't know that one....

deekoi

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat!
I believe your are correct- we can get the Evo for the $199 price with our Premiere upgrades. Of course this is $199 after a $100 mail in rebate- or you can pre order from Best Buy and the hundred bucks will be taken off at the point of purchase!

Anyone know if there will be an activation fee?

I thought one of the benefits of premiere members is no activation fees? :confused:

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay hope to help clear up the Best Buy end of things. If you are 1 year premier eligible then you will receive the full discount of a 2 year upgrade at best buy if you sign another 2 year agreement. This should make the phone 199.99. All 1 year premier upgrades begin on the 1st of the month in the month you signed up. So all the launch day Palm Pre owner should see that their 1year premier upgrade date is June 1st( just in time for the Evo smart Sprint ;) )

derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay hope to help clear up the Best Buy end of things. If you are 1 year premier eligible then you will receive the full discount of a 2 year upgrade at best buy if you sign another 2 year agreement. This should make the phone 199.99. All 1 year premier upgrades begin on the 1st of the month in the month you signed up. So all the launch day Palm Pre owner should see that their 1year premier upgrade date is June 1st( just in time for the Evo smart Sprint ;) )

just talked to a sprint agent and you can.

Customer
okay. How about this... The evo is avaible via best buy mobile for pre-order. Will i be able to pre order the evo from bestbuy??

5:50:38 PM AgentKeidra T
If they have the phone for pre-order you can.

ddpacino

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Came, signed up, looking for my answer and got it! Thanks man.... cant wait til the 4th to get that EVO!! Coming from the Palm Pre & Precentral, this will be added to my daily stops ;). I LOVE webOS, and sparingly used Android -- I hope its not a letdown... =\

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually just posted on the forums about this very same thing. I am coming from the Pre and will get the Evo as well. Fantastic device. And like you, I hope android doesn't let me down... webOS is almost perfect in UI.

I am very VERY excited to get the Evo. Can't wait. I have been using the incredible to get a hang of the software, and man is it cool all the stuff you can do. I especially love that things that us webOS users consider "hacks" are in the official app catalogue for Android! (themes, keyboards, overclock, tethering, etc.)

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Came, signed up, looking for my answer and got it! Thanks man.... cant wait til the 4th to get that EVO!! Coming from the Palm Pre & Precentral, this will be added to my daily stops ;). I LOVE webOS, and sparingly used Android -- I hope its not a letdown... =\

I'm sure you will grow to love android. If not you have a 30 day garuntee from Best Buy in which you can return your Evo 4G ( :eek: ) and swith back to your Pre and reset your eligibility to the previous date and get your money and fees(credited on the bill) all returned to you.

ewhiteboy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I just spoke with both a Sprint and Best Buy representative and my future advice for anyone would be to talk with the people at Best Buy from now on. I called because I too am coming from a Pre and would be 2 days short of the 1 year upgrade and I am a Premier customer. The rep from Sprint said that I wouldn't be able to take another family members' upgrade (2 year upgrade) from them to apply on my phone number and get the mail-in rebate without that phone line having the phone activated for at least 30 days with the EVO on it. That happens to be unacceptable in my opinion so I then called a rep from Best Buy and she said that is completely wrong and I would be able to take one of the upgrades (there are two 2-year upgrades in my fam) and apply it to my line and automatically get the rebate in store. I'm really glad these two companies are sharing all the rules/regulations with each other, but if Best Buy isn't supposed to be doing this, then it's probably better they aren't on the same page.

Bottom line: Sprint can't be trusted.

Hope this helps those that have upgrades within a family plan so you aren't paying full price :) I don't happen to know if those that resigned a plan when they got their Pre after the 6th if they will be able to get a discount but the Best Buy rep said you can call Sprint to have them bump the date for a 1 year discount as long as it's only a few days. She said it doesn't happen all the time but sometimes they make exceptions. Good luck!

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
So I just spoke with both a Sprint and Best Buy representative and my future advice for anyone would be to talk with the people at Best Buy from now on. I called because I too am coming from a Pre and would be 2 days short of the 1 year upgrade and I am a Premier customer. The rep from Sprint said that I wouldn't be able to take another family members' upgrade (2 year upgrade) from them to apply on my phone number and get the mail-in rebate without that phone line having the phone activated for at least 30 days with the EVO on it. That happens to be unacceptable in my opinion so I then called a rep from Best Buy and she said that is completely wrong and I would be able to take one of the upgrades (there are two 2-year upgrades in my fam) and apply it to my line and automatically get the rebate in store. I'm really glad these two companies are sharing all the rules/regulations with each other, but if Best Buy isn't supposed to be doing this, then it's probably better they aren't on the same page.

Hope this helps those that have upgrades within a family plan so you aren't paying full price :) I don't happen to know if those that resigned a plan when they got their Pre after the 6th if they will be able to get a discount but the Best Buy rep said you can call Sprint to have them bump the date for a 1 year discount as long as it's only a few days. She said it doesn't happen all the time but sometimes they make exceptions. Good luck!

To clarify this some more, both are correct in what they are telling you. Sprint does mail in rebates. To receive the rebate the phone must stay on the line for 30 days. Best Buy however does not have mail in rebates, all pricing is instant and final at the day of purchase. So we are able to use the upgrade of another line and immediately swap the phone because you are not depending on receiving a mail in rebate.

The premier 1 year qualification applies to the primary line on a $69.99+ individual plan or a $129.99+ family plan.

If you are premier upgrade eligible you may upgrade your line on the 1st of the month in which you originally signed your contract. So say you signed up on June 28th 2009, your premier eligibility date will be June 1, 2010

If a customer is within 14 days of a 2year upgrade sprint will bump them up if you call in and ask them to move it.

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could buy mine at Best Buy. Unfortunately, no Best Buys in my state (Utah) sell Sprint phones. Oh well - mail-in rebate time, I guess.

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could buy mine at Best Buy. Unfortunately, no Best Buys in my state (Utah) sell Sprint phones. Oh well - mail-in rebate time, I guess.

Yeah that sucks, regionally you are only allowed to carry 3 providers in store by law. We are starting an insta-ship program that will allow us to activate sell and instantly ship a phone to your doorstep in 24hours. Not sure its available to preorders though. This is something that Carphone Warehouse(Best Buy Mobile partner) in Europe has used for years to great success.

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I just got off the phone with best buy and they said technically they can do it but they are not supposed to. The reason for this is they are not supposed to thru Best buy because they frown on it. This is just someone in mobile that I talked to. Clarification would be great

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I also am a Pre hope-to-be convert. I called Sprint today and the person I spoke with said I was eligible for the 1 year premier upgrade discount of 75 dollars...off of the full price so 375 with no mail in rebate from the sprint store :(

I'll stop by the sprint store before the 4th to verify but I'll probably be buying from Best Buy for 199...especially since I have 2 phones to buy, as long as the BB price of 199 applies to me too.

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
now I just got off the phone at another location of Best Buy and they are saying that they can do the 2 year rebate as long as another line on my account is elligible. I can use there rebate. Who am I to believe??????????????????????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21