Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo 4G or not?

I'm getting a new phone soon (hopefully around a month) and I do like the Evo 4G but does anyone think there will be another android phone coming to sprint with a 1Ghz snapdragon processor? Because as much as I love the Evo but there are a few gripes I have. It's real big and I don't mind it but I prefer my phones smaller. Also, it doesn't have a trackball or any kind of physical buttons (not including capacitive buttons), I also like having send and end keys. So I'm wondering if you guys think that the Hero 2 will come out soon with all these preferred tastes? Thanks.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Sounds like the Evo is not for you judging from you post and your gripes. There will always be new devices in the pipeline but it's too early to tell what those devices may or may not be.

Seriously doubt Sprint will come out with anything Android that bests the EVO for awhile. This is going to be their flagship Android device.

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    This is going to be their flagship Android device.
    For about another 3-4 months lls
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, there is a lot I DO like about the Evo though. The huge touchscreen, the sleek design, the front facing camera, the 8MP camera, and ect. But the fact is I like having a trackball and so on, but I just don't wanna wait months and months to get a new phone

You may be out-of-luck with the trackball. Many of the designs now have an optical navigation aid, like on the EVO, of the trackball. I'm guessing that this will be what is used in most/all future phones. Less moving parts = less problems and lower repair rates. Something the carriers are always looking for.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I doubt we'll hear of any new major phones on the Android side from Sprint until maybe the end of the year. They want to give the Evo time to breathe.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    I'm getting a new phone soon (hopefully around a month) and I do like the Evo 4G but does anyone think there will be another android phone coming to sprint with a 1Ghz snapdragon processor? Because as much as I love the Evo but there are a few gripes I have. It's real big and I don't mind it but I prefer my phones smaller. Also, it doesn't have a trackball or any kind of physical buttons (not including capacitive buttons), I also like having send and end keys. So I'm wondering if you guys think that the Hero 2 will come out soon with all these preferred tastes? Thanks.
    Rumor has that TMo will carry Samsung Galaxy S soon, it's smaller with good performance too. But I have no doubt to get EVO 4G, so into HTC designs during checking phone for last 8 months.

OP, have you tried one of the android phones without track? I had the same gripe you did (as BB curve user, I lived and died by the track ball!) but once I tried out an incredible in the store, I realized that having the whole screen in a lot nicer (to me at least). I do find it concerning that these devices lack physical send and end keys, but the "buttons" along the bottom are pretty much the same thing.