Question regarding upgrading after 1 year.

antianalog

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a family plan with my partner who is the premiere customer. We both got the Palm Pre on launch day last year and we're upgrading to the HTC EVO on June 4th. My partner will get it for $199 and the Sprint website says I am eligible for $75 off starting June 1st. My question--How much will this cost? Do I get $450-75=375 or do I get $450-100-75=275?

Orlandocano

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I called them... The 100 mail in rebate does not apply to you unless you qualify for the full discount... So it's 450-75=375... sorry we r in the same boat

antianalog

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have another option. My family plan has an extra line with an upgrade available. I could upgrade that line to get the EVO but how can I have the #'s switched so that I can keep my #? Is this possible? Is this common and how long would that take? Would it void the MIR?

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have another option. My family plan has an extra line with an upgrade available. I could upgrade that line to get the EVO but how can I have the #'s switched so that I can keep my #? Is this possible? Is this common and how long would that take? Would it void the MIR?

It would probably void the MIR but just get it through Best Buy. Buy the phone using that account but then do a Service Swap(also known as an ESN swap), and get the EVO programmed to your line. You will be extending the two year on your other line though. It's totally allowed, used to do this when I was a Sprint rep for people all the time.