My Hope of Hopes...

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I've used the Incredible and Nexus One... the latter more extensively.

What I am hoping for is that the EVO can handle better Multitasking in the car than my Hero. More along the lines of how AWESOME my Pre is in the car actually.

Scenario... Palm Pre: Slacker is streaming with Sprint Nav in the background giving turn by turn (music lowers while instructions pipe through my Mazda '10 BT). A call comes in... music and instructions stop, I answer with a press on my steering wheel, call ends. EVERYTHING resumes previously.

2nd Scenario... HTC Hero: Slacker is buggy to begin with, but it streams ok enough. Audio gets wonky when Sprint Nav tries to give me an instruction, delays all over the place. A call comes in... my car explodes (sorry, wanted to see if you were still following); things get very buggered from there. Phone is unresponsive, I can't get back into Slacker from the notification area, music is still playing, can't stop it but force quit it. BT get screwed up now, has a hard time reconnecting, the call was never answered, the baby Jesus cries, a Pegasus is slaughtered, etc etc etc.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

I know I'll never get a webOS card experience (maybe not, HTC did apply for a "notebook" metaphor for a UI), but I'd like to be able to have those 3 things work in conjunction (which isn't a difficult thing, my BB Tour did it for crying out loud).

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe Android was designed with multi-tasking in mind but maybe the hardware of the Evo will make that experience better for you - smoother I mean.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe Android was designed with multi-tasking in mind but maybe the hardware of the Evo will make that experience better for you - smoother I mean.

yes, I am hoping the 512 RAM and 1 Ghz Snap will make the experience dreamy.

I am thinking of going to Fresh Toast Rom 2.0 with OC and camera/light custom kernel just to see if it doesn't get to be awful. Issue with that, it's still a beta ROM.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
That exact scenario is a major concern of mine. I listen to audiobooks in the car with Sprint Nav running, and I similarly appreciate the ease of dealing with calls and then returning to my book, with Nav not missing a beat.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've used the Incredible and Nexus One... the latter more extensively.

What I am hoping for is that the EVO can handle better Multitasking in the car than my Hero. More along the lines of how AWESOME my Pre is in the car actually.

Scenario... Palm Pre: Slacker is streaming with Sprint Nav in the background giving turn by turn (music lowers while instructions pipe through my Mazda '10 BT). A call comes in... music and instructions stop, I answer with a press on my steering wheel, call ends. EVERYTHING resumes previously.

2nd Scenario... HTC Hero: Slacker is buggy to begin with, but it streams ok enough. Audio gets wonky when Sprint Nav tries to give me an instruction, delays all over the place. A call comes in... my car explodes (sorry, wanted to see if you were still following); things get very buggered from there. Phone is unresponsive, I can't get back into Slacker from the notification area, music is still playing, can't stop it but force quit it. BT get screwed up now, has a hard time reconnecting, the call was never answered, the baby Jesus cries, a Pegasus is slaughtered, etc etc etc.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

I know I'll never get a webOS card experience (maybe not, HTC did apply for a "notebook" metaphor for a UI), but I'd like to be able to have those 3 things work in conjunction (which isn't a difficult thing, my BB Tour did it for crying out loud).

Your problem = the Hero... my Moto Droid and Nexus One could handle those tasks with ease.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Jeremy, you rock. I was thinking outdated hardware was the culprit and not Android.

It really made Android feel beta-ish still. I guess an old ARM can only get you so far...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non