If I buy the evo at best buy can i still use sprints insurance?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Not 100% sure about this. I think it depends what Sprint rep you speak to to have it added to your account, because thats been my experience with Verizon.

Out of curiosity, how much is the Sprint insurance monthly?

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
BB is merely selling the phone at Sprint's discounted rate and renewing your Sprint contract. That has nothing to do with Sprint's normal insurance policy.

You have 30 days after purchasing a new phone to have the insurance added. Matter of fact when I purchased my Pre through BB, they even ask if you want Sprint's insurance.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
BB is merely selling the phone at Sprint's discounted rate and renewing your Sprint contract. That has nothing to do with Sprint's normal insurance policy.

You have 30 days after purchasing a new phone to have the insurance added. Matter of fact when I purchased my Pre through BB, they even ask if you want Sprint's insurance.

At the time of your purchase, did they also offer the BBYMobile insurance? Depending when you bought your Pre they may not have.

Also, carriers tend to only want to insure a product they sold, not something that was sold elsewhere. This has been my experience, through my many different phone changes...

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The BB insurance was available when I purchased my Pre (& I declined it). The rep asked if I needed Sprint's insurance prior to reviewing my plan entirely. Once he reviewed it, he then noticed that I already had the insurance but they did offer to put it on there for me.

BB and RadioShack are authorized to sale products and make plan changes on your Sprint account. You could also always have the BB rep call up Sprint and add it to your account if your worried.

I've purchased multiple Sprint phones from BB and have had no issues with the rebate, contract, plan changes or adding insurance (when needed). They will also hand you a print out of your plan and contract after the sale is completed.

EDIT: The insurance is $7 monthly too. I believe the deductible was upped to $100 for any damage outside of wear/tear and for lost/stolen phones.

Last edited:

toni1096

May 16, 2010
Visit site
BB told me I could get their insurance for $9.99 a month (Sprint is $7.00) advantage to BB is that there is no deductible and they cover water damage, etc.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
BB told me I could get their insurance for $9.99 a month (Sprint is $7.00) advantage to BB is that there is no deductible and they cover water damage, etc.

The $7 TEP insurance through Sprint does cover water damage.

You can add the Sprint insurance to a phone purchased through Best Buy.

Sprint's insurance is actually handled through a third party, Asurion.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty