[Q]about being new customer of sprint and EVO 4G

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Decide to go for EVO 4G lately. I m currently TMo user, so I will switch to sprint, but do have a few questions to confirm with you guys.

1. Can i keep my current phone number? it's annoying to change number and update with every one of contacts.

2. Since EVO 4G coming like 4th of June, but TMo close monthly bill in 27th every month, wondering if i can have some alternative free phone by sprint during that week?

3. Anyone think if it's necessary to have some screen protector? I mean, it's huge screen, dont want scratch it. if so, any recommendation?

Appreciate you guys time and help.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Your number stays with you. Get a google voice number, use it for everything.
#2 dunno
#3 It is glass so I am not but I will keep it in a case.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Got google voice number, and use it for a while, like it for sure. Guess I have to go talk to sprint and check that alternative phone thing this afternoon.

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
you can directly port your number to Sprint from t-mobile, though I believe you get a temporary number from Sprint for the short period of time it takes for the port to go through.

Not sure if you use an Android now, but you'll also find great integration with GV and other Google apps, with your new Android phone.

As for getting a free temporary phone with them between your billing date and the release date, I'm pretty sure that's going to be a no.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So, basically, we are talking about here that I will have one temp phone number for a few days b4 the release date. and my old number will be ported to Sprint after that. Am i right?

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
you can directly port your number to Sprint from t-mobile, though I believe you get a temporary number from Sprint for the short period of time it takes for the port to go through.

Not sure if you use an Android now, but you'll also find great integration with GV and other Google apps, with your new Android phone.

As for getting a free temporary phone with them between your billing date and the release date, I'm pretty sure that's going to be a no.

Thanks FlyAwayMike. I m current BB user for last 2 years, but anxious to be Android use for last 8 months already. But I m a big fan of Google. So love those apps from them, almost go for N1, but HTC still my current fav android manufacturer. Eventually, eyes on EVO 4G.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

The port should work instantly. I've never heard of a cell company issuing a temporary number. Text messages may not work right away though.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The port should work instantly. I've never heard of a cell company issuing a temporary number. Text messages may not work right away though.

Some friend of mine had that temp number once when she tried to switch to AT&T 4 iphone at the beginning of last year. dont know for sure now, guess will go to sprint and check if it's available or some other options i have

Oj_Mayo

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
What you can do is start a contract with sprint and they give you the 30 day money back garantee, so when the evo get released you cn just switch phones.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
back from shack, and complete pre-order. However, guess i m not allow to have some cell phone for a week and return. So decide to stick with TMo for 3 more weeks till the release date, then go for EVO 4G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674