integrated google voice, not receiving texts

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
yesterday i took my EVO 4G that is running on android 2.2 and integrated google voice with it. Everything worked fine (voicemail, long distance calling, etc) except for texts. I can send them from anywhere (website, gvoice app, text app) and they go through fine, but when people respond, I do not get them. Any clue why this isn't working?

I just realized today that I am still on 2.2! i know, lame. so wondering if i need to upgrade to 2.3 to make this work right?

also had a side question, if i forward the text to my phone so that i can respond with my text app, will the text comes in my inbox as coming straight from the sender? or will it come from a random number, with the sender's number in the text itself? (kind of like how google voice does it for non-integrated numbers).

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Check to make sure that your settings are set to enable background data and auto-sync in "accounts and sync".

Also, if you use juice defender or something that stops the internet connection or are in places where you don't have good connectivity, it may have something to do with it.

I'm not really certain on if the lack of connectivity would be the culprit, or if there is a setting to still have texts come through without needing a data connection.

Maybe someone else has more info?
nb

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Check to make sure that your settings are set to enable background data and auto-sync in "accounts and sync".

Also, if you use juice defender or something that stops the internet connection or are in places where you don't have good connectivity, it may have something to do with it.

I'm not really certain on if the lack of connectivity would be the culprit, or if there is a setting to still have texts come through without needing a data connection.

Maybe someone else has more info?
nb

thanks for the tips. i had sync enabled and don't have juice defender installed. i'll try it again once i install GB. I also have a family plan, so maybe that could be the reason.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the tips. i had sync enabled and don't have juice defender installed. i'll try it again once i install GB. I also have a family plan, so maybe that could be the reason.

I don't think the family plan would do anything to Google Voice, but I'm not sure.

I reinstalled it to see if the service got any better, but ended up missing calls for an evening and had texts delayed, but I don't think I missed any. But then I guess I would never know :)

My only guess is that it's somehow connected to the data connection (or lack thereof).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but let me know if you find out anything.

nb