Droping my iPhone ordered my evo

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for a more affordable phone bill than Sprint is the way to go. Many benefits especially when you are a premire customer with sprint because you can upgrade every year. As for a better phone, you will find out by June 4th when you get your Evo. I however, was never really too impressed with the iPhone, but that's just me. I hope you enjoy the Evo when you get it and sprint's service.

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
the only problem is sprint service is god awful....

Do you currently have sprint? If not, how long ago did you have it?

Sprint has greatly improved their services the past few years. I dislike when people make statements like that. But I also understand sprint signal depends on where you are located.

Mike Whooo

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had nextel for 5 years and sprint for 4 then I got AT&T sprint had great service in my area so does AT&T the iPhone sucks unless you jailbreak it just looking coward to the cheaper bill and insurance

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had nextel for 5 years and sprint for 4 then I got AT&T sprint had great service in my area so does AT&T the iPhone sucks unless you jailbreak it just looking coward to the cheaper bill and insurance

Then you will be good. I cannot wait for this phone!!

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You need to check the coverage maps. Sprint doesn't have the best coverage but they are not the worst either. My Island has pretty damn good coverage.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I dumped Sprint 3 years ago due to major text message delays and I know Cory (moderator) had the same issues and bailed as well. I've been with AT&T for 3 years now with no issues what so ever. I will be picking up a EVO as a second line and hope the text issues have been cleared up.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Saying "XYZ" carrier has bad service is an excercise in idiocy.

First of all, chances are that everyone else in the world doesnt live in the exact place you live (the chance is 100%, lol)

Second, the networks vary in different areas based on terrain, buildings, etc. If you live in a place where buildings are made more of metal and have mesh wiring in the walls then dont expect signal inside. If the buildings are more wood and no mesh wiring then you can expect better signal.

It's just extremely ignorant to generlize a nationwide network based on the .0000000000001% interaction you have with it.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Saying "XYZ" carrier has bad service is an excercise in idiocy.

First of all, chances are that everyone else in the world doesnt live in the exact place you live (the chance is 100%, lol)

Second, the networks vary in different areas based on terrain, buildings, etc. If you live in a place where buildings are made more of metal and have mesh wiring in the walls then dont expect signal inside. If the buildings are more wood and no mesh wiring then you can expect better signal.

It's just extremely ignorant to generlize a nationwide network based on the .0000000000001% interaction you have with it.

100% agree with this. I wish more people thought more like us. ;)

Devobail

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Dropping my iphone 3G also. Although I've been on Sprint/Nextel (have a Hero) for 15 years and I've never had a problem with their service, I've carried an iphone for the last year and a half for the "once" superior web browsing experience, since I commute in a 3 hour a day carpool.

I've since come to the conclusion that an android phone, especially the Evo with that huge screen is just as good for light web surfing as the iphone so why pay the extra bill to AT&T? Not only that but I've also got an ipad wifi only that I take to work and with the hotspot on the Evo my long 12 hour shifts will be CAKE! lol.

I'll turn off the iphone (saving $70 I can put towards the Evo hotspot fee) and pass it to the wifey to use as an ipod touch or something, and me, my Evo, and ipad will be just fine! LOL

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I dumped Sprint 3 years ago due to major text message delays and I know Cory (moderator) had the same issues and bailed as well. I've been with AT&T for 3 years now with no issues what so ever. I will be picking up a EVO as a second line and hope the text issues have been cleared up.

I only had a text message issue once with Sprint. How was your overall coverage?

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thinking the same thing here. Dump the iPhone, mostly dumping AT&T and moving to a cheaper plan, better 3G/4G coverage where I live and what looks to be a very cool phone. I think the Android market has grown to a point where it's likely I can find nearly every app I use on my iPhone. I have not used the Sense UI but if it's similar to the multitouch UI on the iPhone that would make the transition easier for sure. I tested out the Overdrive unit a month or so ago to get an idea of the 3G coverage where I live and work and it was by far better coverage, although the 3G speed was about half the AT&T speed when I had coverage on both. Hopefully 4G is active when the Evo launches here in Kansas City as I've read a few posts that look like KC is nearing completion of having 4G go live.

The biggest issue will be the hotspot/tethering options. I would pay the $30 bucks for the hotspot mode if they also provide some sort of home router that I can leave at home and use as well. The ability to carry my internet with me is great, but ends up useless if I can't have a constant connection as the rest of my family is not always with me. If I was single this would make sense, most anyone married or with a family will find this impossible to only use the phone as their sole internet. I've seen the Clearwire, wireless routers so I hope that router can be purchased and allowed to pull the 4G signal at home and it's all under the same package. If I pay for the hardware, don't see how this would be an issue. Then again it is a mobile broadband provider so I'm sure they will come up with some sort of additional fee's.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
the only problem is sprint service is god awful....

I really hate when I see this statement. Just because its bad in YOUR area doesnt mean its like that across the US. Thats what coverage maps are for. I ve been with Sprint for years and live in the far south suburbs of Chicago. Service is great FOR ME where I GO. It was great in Vegas when I was there a few weeks ago. You are gonna have your areas with a weak signal on EVERY carrier. To say that "Sprint service in general sucks" is a statement of a moron.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I really hate when I see this statement. Just because its bad in YOUR area doesnt mean its like that across the US. Thats what coverage maps are for. I ve been with Sprint for years and live in the far south suburbs of Chicago. Service is great FOR ME where I GO. It was great in Vegas when I was there a few weeks ago. You are gonna have your areas with a weak signal on EVERY carrier. To say that "Sprint service in general sucks" is a statement of a moron.

I agree. I have never had issues with Sprint's coverage...... I don't go far and wide, but I have traveled and don't ever have issues. I live in the outskirts of a large city and even travel to rural areas quite often - on occasion I will find a pocket of no coverage, but it's rare. I could say "At&t service is God awful", but there are plenty who LOVE it. Complaints about what kind of coverage other carriers have is just ignorant - it all depends on your area.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Service varies so much from location to location.

I have a Sprint personal phone and a Verizon work phone. In downtown I keep Sprint service but the Verizon service will drop. On a long road trip I had Sprint service for the entire drive. Not so with Verizon.

My daughter laughs that at school she still gets service from Sprint but her iphone friends do not get ATT service yet they kid her about being on Sprint.

Whatever works where you are. For me Sprint works. I can't wait for 4G service.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had text messaging issues in the year that I have had Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21