Vlingo vs. Voice Actions?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would love for Vlingo to widen their Bluetooth compatibility. I'm a truck driver so I need a good voice to text program to work with my Bluetooth. Well Vlingo doesn't support what ever type of Bluetooth my blue parrot is. I can use the Michael from my Bluetooth to give command, but does not play audio through the Bluetooth. So I have to have my phone to hear when to say what. Pointless to me since I have to have phone in hand listening.

Vlingo is just way better overall. From more accurate voice to text to the voice she talks to you in.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Vlingo has my vote. It's more professional and Voice Actions stalls to long. If I am talking to my phone, I want a faster reaction. Other wise I could just type it in a shorter amount of time.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I think voice action does a better job recognizing my voice. I tried 3 times to have the vlingo update my facebook status but it never worked. I wish google would add more actions. There is also an app called voice actions plus in the android market.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My favorite so far is Voice Actions (Pannous), but I've also tried Vlingo and Eva. Observations after several hours of playing around:

Voice Actions is amazingly accurate at recognizing my commands and questions, but it's a bit slower than Vlingo unless I'm on a speedy connection. It's also more "hands free" and can answer a much wider variety of questions - I've had a few uncanny linear conversations with it. Works best with a custom voice (I use SVOX "Grace" and "Victoria").

Vlingo has a nice TTS voice (slightly better than the SVOX voices) but often fails to answer rather basic questions (such as What's the weather like tomorrow?) that Voice Actions always nails. Both VA and Vlingo can launch some apps, but can't play selected songs for example, or reliably read text messages or email (yet).

Eva couldn't get past the setup screen on my EVO for some reason, so I gave up trying.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does. My plantronics headset works flawlessly with eva. A simple long press launches her

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Well just like the majority of these, they just must not like truckers. Only one app of many I have tried will work with my cobra headset and thats voice control.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress