Where will the Apps be stored for EVO, 1 GB internal or MicroSD Card?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering where Android stores their apps on the EVO. Coming from the Palm Pre, it was a problem in the beginning when they stored it in a minimal area. Now you can use the full 8GB for games and Apps for the Pre.

Does EVO and Android store the Apps on the MicroSD(at least allow the option) or is it only stored on the internal memory, which is only 1 GB, and could fill up pretty fast if big 3D games start coming to Android.

Does anyone know which it is and if it isn't using the microSD yet, will it sooner or later?

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Internal memory as of right now. Google has said that they are working on allowing SD install for apps in future releases or updates but for now, it's only the internal memory which should be somewhere around 750mb on the EVO (after OS running on some of that 1gig)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That actually does seem like an issue. If you managed to fill up the Pre with apps (I am guessing mostly homebrew ones) then you will have no problem filling up the Evo. Wonder if Froyo remedies this?

jonorjonathan

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i've heard somewhere that android apps actually take up less space than apps on the iphone. 1gb of internal is actually more than most android phones (even the incredible can't use it's 8gb for apps it just has 512mb of rom... nexus one has 512mb also).

and yes, you will be able to use sd cards for apps in froyo but i wouldn't expect froyo on the evo right away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy