Charging & Data Cables

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Curious if anyone knows specifics on the charging/data cables for the EVO 4G. I usually use CablesForLess.com for my cable needs (they are super cheap!), and I see they have some miniUSB-to-MicroUSB adaptors as well as some reasonably priced 6' cables (great for the car or desk).

I want to make sure these particular cables will work for the EVO, particularly for charging, but in some cases, for data as well.

Thanks! Anxiously preparing for the 4th! :)

Matt

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Curious if anyone knows specifics on the charging/data cables for the EVO 4G. I usually use CablesForLess.com for my cable needs (they are super cheap!), and I see they have some miniUSB-to-MicroUSB adaptors as well as some reasonably priced 6' cables (great for the car or desk).

I want to make sure these particular cables will work for the EVO, particularly for charging, but in some cases, for data as well.

Thanks! Anxiously preparing for the 4th! :)

Matt

The EVO uses Micro SD.

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
The EVO uses Micro SD.

Why is that at all relevant? It uses MicroUSB for the charging and data ports.

I buy mine off of Ebay. Typically $2 each, I buy $20 worth and if it breaks or I lose it, I don't care. This also allows me to keep a charger in all of my vehicles and in multiple locations. IE work, friends and relatives houses and in all the rooms of my home.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about the cables. Any MicroUSB cable should work, although I always got the gold plated ones from Monoprice. I'll just use the same cables I used for the Pre. Just make sure that any car adapter you buy can push out enough power to charge it (I have no idea how much) it shouldn't be too much but better safe than sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress