Evo Purchasing FAQ

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK well can somebody help me here?

I have 4 lines on my account, 2 of them are eligible for the $150 upgrade(says this when i log into sprint.com) However my phone is not one of them.

My phone says eligible for $75 upgrade :( But I bought my pre last year on release day, so thats june 6th i think? I wasnt avail for an upgrade when i bought the pre then, but Im a premier customer, so shouldnt i be available by now? says my $150 (or two year upgrade is not available til sept 2010)

so how much will the new EVO cost me? I already put down a $50 deposit

Last edited:

Orlandocano

May 14, 2010
Visit site
According to a Sprint rep from the offices of Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) I'm told that the HTC EVO will work with the Everything Plus Referral plans...

I'm still waiting to hear back from her whether or not the EVO will be available for these plans on June 4th.

4 different reps including 1 from Dan@sprint.com have told me that I don't have to make any changes to my eceeything plus referral plan... I told the rep that I wanted to go from an everything plus individual plan to a shared everything plus plan, and they told me it was completely doable.. The rep sent me her extension and put notes on my account.. If they mess up my plan on June 4th at bestbuy, I can call her to fix it

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry - it will work. If you bought the Pre last year on the release day, you will be eligible for the Evo with the Premier discounts on June 1. However, the Premier benefits only work for the "primary line" on your account. If another number is showing as the primary line, call Sprint and see if they can fix it for you.

OK well can somebody help me here?

I have 4 lines on my account, 2 of them are eligible for the $150 upgrade(says this when i log into sprint.com) However my phone is not one of them.

My phone says eligible for $75 upgrade :( But I bought my pre last year on release day, so thats june 6th i think? I wasnt avail for an upgrade when i bought the pre then, but Im a premier customer, so shouldnt i be available by now? says my $150 (or two year upgrade is not available til sept 2010)

so how much will the new EVO cost me? I already put down a $50 deposit

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am tired of reading all of the same damn questions about buying an Evo.

So here it goes:

This phone is NOT eligible for the legacy SERO plans. As far as I know you do not qualify for the discounts if you are on one of the legacy SERO plans. In other words the "phone swap trick" will not work if you are wanting to keep the legacy SERO plan.

What about the EPRP plans? Everything Plus Referral Plan, the newer SERO.

coldvodka

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for all the information!

One question, since I'm kinda new to Sprint.

I'm eligible for the $150 discount towards new phone. How does that get applied if I pre-order and buy the phone through Best Buy?

Do they send a rebate check?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is question I am not sure if anyone will know the answer. Sprint also messed my account up. They switched my number, which was the main number to my wife's number, which was the secondary, but for some reason they made her the primary. They couldn't change it back because I would lose all my discounts, which is pretty large. I have been with Sprint 12 years, with my number always being the main line. The only thing Sprint could do for me was put a note in my account to let anyone know that my number will be eligible for a new phone each year, and my wife's number would be 2 years. The only thing is that I have to order from telesales or Account Services. My question is will I still get the $100 rebate when I submit it. If everything works out right, Sprint would charge my account the 299 and then I submit for the $100 rebate. When they check if I am eligible for the $100, they will see it is the second line. Will that make any difference for the rebate. In their computer at Sprint they have all the dates messed up because of all the screw ups they have made, and it will show I am not eligible, even though I am eligible. I bought a Pre, day one, so I would be eligible June 1, 2010.

Should I ask Sprint when ordering how the rebate will work for my situation or just see if they will take the extra 100 off when I order it. They might just tell me to wait and see if it goes through, and if it doesn't, then they will credit my account, who knows.

Anyone else had Sprint mess their account up this bad? Will I get the rebate?

thebluecanary

May 17, 2010
Visit site
does best buy honor the "premier perks" like the 12 month upgrade? or is this just through sprint (stores,online,telesales) themselves?

As someone who used to sell phones at Best Buy, we actually do a lookup/login to a sprint database. So if you would get the upgrade when walking into a Sprint store, you would get it at BB too. One note is that BB's database was always a day or two behind the Sprint store. Meaning if you walk in the day you get the rebate, it might not be in thier system yet. I saw that several times.

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is question I am not sure if anyone will know the answer. Sprint also messed my account up. They switched my number, which was the main number to my wife's number, which was the secondary, but for some reason they made her the primary. They couldn't change it back because I would lose all my discounts, which is pretty large. I have been with Sprint 12 years, with my number always being the main line. The only thing Sprint could do for me was put a note in my account to let anyone know that my number will be eligible for a new phone each year, and my wife's number would be 2 years. The only thing is that I have to order from telesales or Account Services. My question is will I still get the $100 rebate when I submit it. If everything works out right, Sprint would charge my account the 299 and then I submit for the $100 rebate. When they check if I am eligible for the $100, they will see it is the second line. Will that make any difference for the rebate. In their computer at Sprint they have all the dates messed up because of all the screw ups they have made, and it will show I am not eligible, even though I am eligible. I bought a Pre, day one, so I would be eligible June 1, 2010.

Should I ask Sprint when ordering how the rebate will work for my situation or just see if they will take the extra 100 off when I order it. They might just tell me to wait and see if it goes through, and if it doesn't, then they will credit my account, who knows.

Anyone else had Sprint mess their account up this bad? Will I get the rebate?

I can say with almost 100% assuredness, that your rebate will in fact get rejected. You will then have to call and get a credit. The credit will apply to your phone account and will not be issued as a gift-card. This was explained in my first post.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't shoot your Pre yet!
Here's a little "bonus" I just found out about.
Over the weekend I went to Radio Shack and put down my 50 bucks to pre-order the EVO.
Of course I'll get my $20 dollar gift card on June 4th, but RS also accepts Trade-In phones! Now I can dump my Pre and an old Treo and get credit towards the EVO.

They accept a wide variety of phones for trade ins (even non-phone stuff like cameras) and the prices are listed on the RS website! Check it out!

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't shoot your Pre yet!
Here's a little "bonus" I just found out about.
Over the weekend I went to Radio Shack and put down my 50 bucks to pre-order the EVO.
Of course I'll get my $20 dollar gift card on June 4th, but RS also accepts Trade-In phones! Now I can dump my Pre and an old Treo and get credit towards the EVO.

They accept a wide variety of phones for trade ins (even non-phone stuff like cameras) and the prices are listed on the RS website! Check it out!

Why not just sell it on craigslist? You can get a maximum of $100 at Radio Shack, I know I could get more than that locally.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Question???

I was told I qualify for a $75 upgrade but I will still be entitled to the 199.00 but have to pay a couple more bucks not much being that my contract will be extended for two years when I purchase the phone is this true???? The radioshack rep told me this

jimrb22

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my EVO today at Best Buy and had a few questions...

1) They told me Sprint reps are commission based and Best Buy reps are not. True?

2) They told me I was the 41st pre-order at that location and that they would have the phone for me on June 4th. When I pressed them on this to make sure I could pick it up "on June 4th" the rep back-tracked a little and said baring a shortage from the manufacturer there should be plenty "on June 4th." I asked "Even for the 41st pre-order customer?" He said "yes," with a smirk. This whole exchange made me nervous but I grabbed my spot in the pre-order line anyway.

So my real question is, what are my chances of getting it "on June 4th" via a Best Buy or Radio Shack or whatever. Err, what is best way to but it period to get it "on June 4th"?

Thx for the info.

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
I was told I qualify for a $75 upgrade but I will still be entitled to the 199.00 but have to pay a couple more bucks not much being that my contract will be extended for two years when I purchase the phone is this true???? The radioshack rep told me this

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! Please reread the first post. You will get $75 off of whatever the retail price is determined to be. You will be required to sign for another 2-years.

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
So I pre-ordered my EVO today at Best Buy and had a few questions...

1) They told me Sprint reps are commission based and Best Buy reps are not. True?

2) They told me I was the 41st pre-order at that location and that they would have the phone for me on June 4th. When I pressed them on this to make sure I could pick it up "on June 4th" the rep back-tracked a little and said baring a shortage from the manufacturer there should be plenty "on June 4th." I asked "Even for the 41st pre-order customer?" He said "yes," with a smirk. This whole exchange made me nervous but I grabbed my spot in the pre-order line anyway.

So my real question is, what are my chances of getting it "on June 4th" via a Best Buy or Radio Shack or whatever. Err, what is best way to but it period to get it "on June 4th"?

Thx for the info.

1. True, not sure how Sprint commissions work though.
2. Pre-order at Radio Shack too if you are worried. Worst case scenario you end up with an extra $50 gift card to one of the stores. Also RS has the better deal anyway. I also prefer BB so having $50 to spend there would be better for me than at RS, as I think their prices are the worst.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! Please reread the first post. You will get $75 off of whatever the retail price is determined to be. You will be required to sign for another 2-years.

Thank you I do appreciate your fast reply :) and I will read the post in its entirety

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry - it will work. If you bought the Pre last year on the release day, you will be eligible for the Evo with the Premier discounts on June 1. However, the Premier benefits only work for the "primary line" on your account. If another number is showing as the primary line, call Sprint and see if they can fix it for you.

Well the account is in my name, the other 3 are on MY account
However, i logged in at sprint.com ,but cant see how to identify which number is primary? How does it indicate which is primary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL