EVO and Swype

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming to the EVO from the Palm Pre and one of my biggest concerns was the lack of a physical keyboard since I have had one on all of the smart phones I have had. But Swype on the EVO makes typing even faster than having the physical keyboard for me.

Simply put, Swype is AWESOME!!!!

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming to the EVO from the Palm Pre and one of my biggest concerns was the lack of a physical keyboard since I have had one on all of the smart phones I have had. But Swype on the EVO makes typing even faster than having the physical keyboard for me.

Simply put, Swype is AWESOME!!!!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
How do you get Swype? It says it is unavailable. All you lucky people must have had Android before. I am coming from a PRE. I can't get Swype.

rockdawg

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
For those of you asking where to get it, it's been linked to a couple times in this thread. In one of my posts a few pages back, I posted a link to another forum that had a link to it. If you just look it's easy to find.

SenenCito - I could be wrong, but from what I understand, they aren't planning to release it to the public. Their plan is to just sell it to carriers and/or phone manufacturers. So unless your phone comes with it out off the box, the only way to get it is to find these 'leaked' files.

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Found the "Incredible" leak and have loved using the program ever since. I still don't trust my swypes, so I end up looking at each word.

Devobail

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For those of you asking where to get it, it's been linked to a couple times in this thread. In one of my posts a few pages back, I posted a link to another forum that had a link to it. If you just look it's easy to find.

SenenCito - I could be wrong, but from what I understand, they aren't planning to release it to the public. Their plan is to just sell it to carriers and/or phone manufacturers. So unless your phone comes with it out off the box, the only way to get it is to find these 'leaked' files.

Well that's just stupid they should sell it to the general public also.

Sent from my Evo 4G

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The predictive text is definitely much better than the standard keyboard...it seems to get all of the words I'm trying to swype, even though I think I'm doing it sloppily.

Does Swype share the same dictionary as the stock keyboard? Does Swype learn and add words as you correct them like the stock keyboard did: (It seems over the past two days, the auto-correct dictionary saved a lot of words that I was texting to people...names...slang...curse words :) )

I guess I'm still in training...I'm trying to improve my speed as fast as possible but often mess-up the trace in the middle of the word and will have to start over...hopefully I can get the hang of this...I like it so far!

Also...has anybody perfected the one handed Swype? I was trying to text my friend while standing on the metro (holding my phone in one hand and swyping with my thumb), but it doesn't seem to be as fast as just tapping on the keys with my thumb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad