Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Locked out of phone, need help

Someone tried my unlock pattern too many times, and now I'm trying to enter my Gmail info but it never accepts it.

I read that you have to hard reset the phone but is this true? I really have texts that I need on there and can't wipe the phone, has anyone been able to work around this?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CyanogenMod 9

Default Re: Locked out of phone, need help

I don't think there is another way to fix it other than a hard rest

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Carrier
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Check it out...I think I might have found a solution for you.

1. Create a new gmail account from our computer.
    2. Call from another phone to our locked mobile . take the call and give the back of the menu (the back arrow).
    3. Set the wifi to work and we can receive data while the call is still running (if we hang the call the phone will be blocked again!)
    4. Go to Settings> Security and set off the pattern.
    5. Go to Settings> Sync and add the Gmail account you created on our computer.
    6. Turn the phone.
    7. Switch on the phone and unlock the screen data entry gmail account you have created.
    8. Once unlocked your phone, you can remove the account we created for their release.

sourced here
    taadow1030 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    Check it out...I think I might have found a solution for you.

1. Create a new gmail account from our computer.
    2. Call from another phone to our locked mobile . take the call and give the back of the menu (the back arrow).
    3. Set the wifi to work and we can receive data while the call is still running (if we hang the call the phone will be blocked again!)
    4. Go to Settings> Security and set off the pattern.
    5. Go to Settings> Sync and add the Gmail account you created on our computer.
    6. Turn the phone.
    7. Switch on the phone and unlock the screen data entry gmail account you have created.
    8. Once unlocked your phone, you can remove the account we created for their release.

sourced here
    I think I'm screwed, I tried that but when you're on the call and you hit back it takes you to the enter the info screen again.

There has to be a way to unlock the phone without hard-resetting I mean what kind of security feature would make you reset the whole device if it had too many pattern attempts it doesn't even make sense.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Not getting you on this, you're inputting your google info and it doesn't unlock? Sounds fishy to me

Go to your google account on a computer and check your security settings. Make sure 2-step verification is turned off. This may be why your google name and password isn't working.