So does the evo support adobe flash ?

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I saw a demo of it running flash and some people are saying noo and some are like yea . What I don't get is if sprint showed the device with flash why later change it

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, but off the top of my head I would suspect it is likely that the EVO packs Flash Lite like the Incredible does. They are basically the same internally in many regards so I don't know why HTC wouldn't have the EVO using Flash Lite.

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video where it was playing Flash off of a web site. So it's probably at least limited capability. I think eventually they might go full-flash. I hope they do, with paying the extra $10 for 4G (that for 90% of Sprint users, isn't available), I'd like to rape Hulu and other flash/internet intensive sites.

dcdttu

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
do you mean 2.2 upgrade? if so that means Froyo ?

Yes, 2.2 Android is FroYo, with Flash built in they say.

Sad that this phone didn't get 2.2 from the beginning like the Droid did with 2.0 and the N1 did with 2.1. Hopefully they've been working with Google/OHA and have 2.2 ready within days/weeks of release. What a win that would be.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, 2.2 Android is FroYo, with Flash built in they say.

Sad that this phone didn't get 2.2 from the beginning like the Droid did with 2.0 and the N1 did with 2.1. Hopefully they've been working with Google/OHA and have 2.2 ready within days/weeks of release. What a win that would be.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Look how long we've been waiting for 2.1 on the hero to be officially released.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Look how long we've been waiting for 2.1 on the hero to be officially released.

The hero wasn't the flagship phone, and a ton of updates to android happened between when the hero was released to now. Hopefully things are slowing down a bit, and updates can be more consistent.

The hero was also the 3rd android phone. Hardware wise a lot has changed to standardize what sort of hardware you see coming out of HTC. I expect that 2.2 will be released sometime in the fall for the Evo and Incredible.

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video where it was playing Flash off of a web site. So it's probably at least limited capability. I think eventually they might go full-flash. I hope they do, with paying the extra $10 for 4G (that for 90% of Sprint users, isn't available), I'd like to rape Hulu and other flash/internet intensive sites.

prodigal27 - Hate to be a party pooper, but Hulu blocks you from watching their shows on mobile phones. Not exactly sure how they do it. Skyfire might work but it's hit or miss.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
ok so moral of the question is that, no it does not come with it but it is partial flash ... so we will be able to view certain things ?? The 2.2 froyo is to be said to have full flash 10.1?? Im sad to hear that now they changed it ... : (

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
yea there pretty late with all the updates in such ... i just got my moment updated the other day i have been waiting for that for like 2 months now