For the knowlegable Pre defectors, how do I switch my contact profile to google?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In preparation of getting my Evo, I was wondering if I should just switch all my Contacts profile from the Palm to the Google profile. That way I don't have to rely on any Best Buy or Sprint person to move them over for me using their machine. Is there an easy way to do this? When I add a new contact, I see that it gives me the option to save it under the Google or the Palm profile, how do I switch it over from Palm to Google with my current contacts. Also, will I have to do it one at a time, or can there be a mass conversion?

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I am scared to ask this question at PreCentral, they would probably kick me out for asking this!

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
go into a store and have them copy your phonebook onto thiercelebrite. Then write them to the same phone. No bed to delete anything. It will ask where you want the new contacts (which it view all of these as) to sync to and click google. Let the rep know to click google as many will auto click the profile.

SenenCito

May 17, 2010
Visit site
going to take advantage of this thread to ask another question, is there a thread with tips for those of us who are moving from the pre to the evo?

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
there's a way to do it with webos quick install, but I just did it by going into each contact and adding the info as a google profile and then deleted the palm profile....i have a lot of downtime at work....but everytjing in my contacys is either synced to gmail or facebook....good to go...

ogremustcrush

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any way to recover the contacts located in the Palm profile, but it's always defaulted to saving them on my gmail account since I got my Pre, so the only contacts on it for me are two Sprint numbers anyway.

FuManChuu

May 16, 2010
Visit site
In preparation of getting my Evo, I was wondering if I should just switch all my Contacts profile from the Palm to the Google profile. That way I don't have to rely on any Best Buy or Sprint person to move them over for me using their machine. Is there an easy way to do this? When I add a new contact, I see that it gives me the option to save it under the Google or the Palm profile, how do I switch it over from Palm to Google with my current contacts. Also, will I have to do it one at a time, or can there be a mass conversion?

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I am scared to ask this question at PreCentral, they would probably kick me out for asking this!

The cheapest and easiest way to do it is, "Send all contacts to email" patch. That will send a vCard to your email, which I'm fairly certain you can just import that into Google Contacts. If not, you can convert vCard to CSV, and then important that

joelshooty

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The cheapest and easiest way to do it is, "Send all contacts to email" patch. That will send a vCard to your email, which I'm fairly certain you can just import that into Google Contacts. If not, you can convert vCard to CSV, and then important that

This is exactly right. Install Preware via Quick Install. Then install the "Send all contacts to email" patch. Go to the Contacts app, and send contacts to email (from the drop down menu). Then log into Gmail, click Contacts, and import the vcard file. I just did this yesterday in preparation of getting my Evo on June 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad