evo 4g insurance claim

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's an insurance question. If I lost my phone and submit a claim for a new one, if I then find my lost one can it be activated for use? Thanks

stangcolts

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's an insurance question. If I lost my phone and submit a claim for a new one, if I then find my lost one can it be activated for use? Thanks

they may actually request that you pay for the insurance one you received in order to get it set it up! LEt us know though I'm differently curious :-!

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just placed a claim with Asurion & they're sending me an Evo 3D...I guess its just the luck of the draw because my friend made a claim the other day & she got the OG Evo

evo envy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my Evo3D as a replacement. I have been checking online for a few days and it repeatedly listed evo 4G until today, then I jumped on it. Just be patient
;.) this should hold me until upgrade time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my evo on Saturday and they sent a defective 4g. When I contacted them about that, they said they could send 3d immediately, or another 4g with a delay.

Last edited:

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So how difficult is this to get all my apps and data moved to the 3D if I do this insurance "upgrade" (my charging port is jacked but it's not a huge issue since I have a wall charger and spare batteries)?

Is rooting the 3D much of an issue? I see that there don't seem to be as many ROMs available but since the OG Evo is EOL that it seems many devs have moved to the 3D (yes? no?)...if I swap my SD card, will TB still allow me to port back my app data?

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site

No. When a phone is reported lost, Sprint voids the ESN (basically a unique identifier to your phone). Once this happens you can no longer use that phone on Sprint, but CAN be flashable to other carriers like Boost.

crashvt

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My charger port is busted. looks like asurion is back is stock with the evo. I might just use my external charger until it says 3d.

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How do I check online to see what phones Asurion are sending out for replacements? Thanks.

You have to fill out the claim form & it'll tell you what phone they're going to send out right before they ask for your credit card number. So if it's not what you want you can back out of it.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
My charger port is busted. looks like asurion is back is stock with the evo. I might just use my external charger until it says 3d.

I tried this route using the damaged charger port reason and it told me to go to my local Sprint owned repair center.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried this route using the damaged charger port reason and it told me to go to my local Sprint owned repair center.

I had to go this route too, but the sprint repair center determined that an insurance exchange was appropriate.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21