Htc system update

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just checked for updates and I'm downloading now. 3.51 mb. Let's see if they fixed the sense reboot or something good. 4.54.651.1

Last edited:

dcigary

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
What does this mean for me if I rooted my phone and removed bloatware? Can I safely apply the OTA? The FAQ says I won't get it if I removed bloatware, but I'm confused as to what that really means. It simply won't download, or get errors when it applies the update?

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else have the 'checking satellites' icon in the notification bar permanently on? I've turned off all location buttons and shut down all mapping apps and it's still there. I'm stock EVO 4G with the latest update.

Doc

RocketJeff

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else have the 'checking satellites' icon in the notification bar permanently on? I've turned off all location buttons and shut down all mapping apps and it's still there. I'm stock EVO 4G with the latest update.

Try rebooting the phone. I had this problem last week after I spent some time uninstalling unused apps and installing a couple of new ones. I had the same problem as you, and the thing that finally fixed it was a reboot.

I think the icon was just 'stuck' since my phone didn't seem like it was running out of battery any faster then it should have been.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and download the OTA update you will have problems with Superuser. According to GoodandEVO this can be fixed by reflashing the latest Superuser.

I have not tried this yes on my rooted stock so I can not tell you if it does work.

Also note that there is a separate issue going on with Superuser with people having a lot of FC issues and not getting Superuser access to their apps.

Doc

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
What exactly has this update fixed??
For me it's fixed the problem I had with sending pictures via text message. It works fine now. Also I have noticed less (if any) reboots. And my YouTube works fine even after update. Just being able to send pics via text again has me giddy... :D

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
i would also like to know if this will effect my root. im pretty sure it wont but before i update i would like to know!
If you are only rooted and still use the stock Sense ROM, you can install either the odexed or deodexed ROMs here, and you won't lose root: [ROM][STOCK][10/25/11] 4.54.651.1(w/ security ota)(rooted & non-rooted & update zip) - xda-developers

If you are running some other ROM, then you should wait for the developers of the ROM you're using to release updates.

In either case, you should NOT install the OTA update.

And some of my coworkers did the same and you tube doesn't work for them either ,anybody else?
I've got the update and Youtube videos work fine for me.

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
What does this mean for me if I rooted my phone and removed bloatware? Can I safely apply the OTA? The FAQ says I won't get it if I removed bloatware, but I'm confused as to what that really means. It simply won't download, or get errors when it applies the update?

i would also like to know if this will effect my root. im pretty sure it wont but before i update i would like to know!

If your rooted i don't believe you can take any HTC ota's