Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Htc system update

Just checked for updates and I'm downloading now. 3.51 mb. Let's see if they fixed the sense reboot or something good. 4.54.651.1

Default Re: Htc system update

I think it is the security update that fixes the Logging issue...

htc loggers removed!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

What does this mean for me if I rooted my phone and removed bloatware? Can I safely apply the OTA? The FAQ says I won't get it if I removed bloatware, but I'm confused as to what that really means. It simply won't download, or get errors when it applies the update?

Is it just me or does anyone else have the 'checking satellites' icon in the notification bar permanently on? I've turned off all location buttons and shut down all mapping apps and it's still there. I'm stock EVO 4G with the latest update.

Doc

i would also like to know if this will effect my root. im pretty sure it wont but before i update i would like to know!

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts

This just encouraged me to make the switch to Cyanogen... Thanks Sprint! Loving it so far ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxyn View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have the 'checking satellites' icon in the notification bar permanently on? I've turned off all location buttons and shut down all mapping apps and it's still there. I'm stock EVO 4G with the latest update.
    Try rebooting the phone. I had this problem last week after I spent some time uninstalling unused apps and installing a couple of new ones. I had the same problem as you, and the thing that finally fixed it was a reboot.

I think the icon was just 'stuck' since my phone didn't seem like it was running out of battery any faster then it should have been.

I did update last night and now. You tube won't play videos

And some of my coworkers did the same and you tube doesn't work for them either ,anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye99 View Post
    Just checked for updates and I'm downloading now. 3.51 mb. Let's see if they fixed the sense reboot or something good. 4.54.651.1
    Update cause you tube not to work.

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Just quick reminder, if your rooted NEVER INSTALL official ota updates!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

My youtube works fine. I haven't had any issues so far.

ROM
    All devices rooted.

Did the update and YouTube still works for me.

If you are rooted and download the OTA update you will have problems with Superuser. According to GoodandEVO this can be fixed by reflashing the latest Superuser.

I have not tried this yes on my rooted stock so I can not tell you if it does work.

Also note that there is a separate issue going on with Superuser with people having a lot of FC issues and not getting Superuser access to their apps.

Doc
    EVO 4G

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I think it is the security update that fixes the Logging issue...
    What exactly has this update fixed??

Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post
    What exactly has this update fixed??
    For me it's fixed the problem I had with sending pictures via text message. It works fine now. Also I have noticed less (if any) reboots. And my YouTube works fine even after update. Just being able to send pics via text again has me giddy...

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hondaeatingtsi View Post
    i would also like to know if this will effect my root. im pretty sure it wont but before i update i would like to know!
    If you are only rooted and still use the stock Sense ROM, you can install either the odexed or deodexed ROMs here, and you won't lose root: [ROM][STOCK][10/25/11] 4.54.651.1(w/ security ota)(rooted & non-rooted & update zip) - xda-developers

If you are running some other ROM, then you should wait for the developers of the ROM you're using to release updates.

In either case, you should NOT install the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmack View Post
    And some of my coworkers did the same and you tube doesn't work for them either ,anybody else?
    I've got the update and Youtube videos work fine for me.

ROM
    Deck's 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    What does this mean for me if I rooted my phone and removed bloatware? Can I safely apply the OTA? The FAQ says I won't get it if I removed bloatware, but I'm confused as to what that really means. It simply won't download, or get errors when it applies the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaeatingtsi View Post
    If your rooted i don't believe you can take any HTC ota's

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by krocadile1 View Post
    If your rooted i don't believe you can take any HTC ota's
    You would absolutely correct, if your rooted...NEVER INSTALL Official OTAs. You will enter a world of problems if you do.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Ok, so I’m not rooted, and apparently the only one, but since the update last week I’ve had camera issues (freezing, booting, not saving pics) and battery dies faster (down to about 4.5 hours now) Any sugestions other than rooting?
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Perhaps a factory reset will do the trick.