How to get my Sprint e-mail address off of it

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I did a hard reset in preparation to E-Bay my EVO 4G with accessories.

I went into it to make sure that all of my contacts, apps, and data are removed and it still has my sprint.com e-mail address listed in the "about" section. How do I get that info off the phone, since a Hard Reset didn't do it?

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
Bump. One of you Smartphone experts must have the answer to this?

I am going to try Menu/setting/privacy/factory data reset and see what happens.

Last edited:

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
Try this. On your phone pad, dial #DATA## and see if there's an option for your email.

Ok. The phone is no longer in service. So that didn't tell me anything. As stated, when I go into Menu/settings/About Phone/Phone Identity/Current Username, it shows my Sprint e-mail address. I can't sell this phone with my information on it. I've done two factory resets and the e-mail address has not been wiped from the phone. How can a factory reset leave any trace of my information on this phone? That has never happened with any other Smartphone I've used on any other platform.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I also tried the following, which did not wipe my Sprint e-mail address from storage:

1.Turn the power off.
2.Hold the Volume Down button
3.Press and release the Power button
4.You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5.Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6.Press and release the Power button
7.Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Upon reboot, my Sprint E-mail address still shows up on the phone after Factory Reset and clearing storage. HOW can that be??

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
Did you try the data thing?

What "data thing"?

I can't sell this thing to anyone with my information on it and I can't find any method to wipe my info off it. I've done several factory resets. A factory reset is suppose to render the phone unprogrammed, isn't it? Why does the phone still have my info in it if it is wiped? Clearly, the Factory Reset didn't wipe it.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Use craigslist, meet at a Sprint store and activate. That's probably the only way around it. I'm not aware of a way to delete that info. It will be overwritten during activation process.