Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Exclamation HTC Evo update messes up Launcher Pro

Hello AC readers!
    I have a problem with my EVO 4G after the latest software update (the one that fixes the HTC Sense data collection security problem). I downloaded the latest update and now Launcher Pro is not an option as my launcher. The update switched my device back to the crummy HTC Sense UI. I had Launcher Pro installed before, but unfortunately, now it doesn't show up in the app drawer and I can't launch Launcher Pro. The only place it is visible is under the Manage Applications settings. I tried removing and reinstalling and no luck. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions or anyone is experiencing the same problem??
    I guess I learned a lesson: Never download updates right away. Wait until all the bugs have been worked out!

I would really appreciate any help I can get!
    Thank you!
    Tech2011

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Default Re: HTC Evo update messes up Launcher Pro

Sense 3.0 beats any launcher. Only 3.0 though. Before I rooted I used launcher pro. But also try uninstalling updates in settings>manage applications
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Thank you hatchettjack!
    That solved my problem. Now I'm happily running Launcher Pro again! I really like it better than Sense 2.0 and unfortunately, the EVO does not get the upgrade to Sense 3.0. (Sigh!) At any rate, thanks!
    Tech2011

I have had the same problem with launcher pro. I did what u said to do and it worked fine until I pushed the home icon at the bottom and then sense revolts and launcher pro won't work until I do the whole process all over again. And even when I reset the phone it goes right back to HTC sense. Have anymore ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Go to Applications/Manage Applications/All/HTC Sense....and hit clear defaults. When you touch the home key, it will give you the option of which launcher you would want to use

Quote Originally Posted by FSUMario View Post
    Go to Applications/Manage Applications/All/HTC Sense....and hit clear defaults. When you touch the home key, it will give you the option of which launcher you would want to use

Thanks! It worked. I just didn't scroll down far enough. Lol