Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! Im a Radio Shack associate, have been for 2 years. Just like everyone here im super stoked about this phone; cant wait to ditch my Tour! ;)

If anybody has any questions regarding our pre order process, sales process, or anything about the launch, fire away. Im happy to help any way I can, im that excited about this phone!

***Update***

I want to add this in for all those new to this thread. If your eligible before the first but after today and still having trouble, I am literally going to copy and paste this from our system.

Updated: Existing Sprint customers that are eligible for an upgrade prior to June 4 can participate in the pre-order process since the handset cannot be activated until June 4.
Updated: Customers looking to purchase the Sprint EVO 4G at the full unactivated retail cost ($499.99) can also PreOrder the device in store.

Thats in our notes about the EVO. If anyone tells you that you cant pre order even if you are eligible on June 1st they are lying.

Also, the $20 accessory credit does have to be used at time of purchase, sorry for any confusion. If we dont have what you want yet just grab a car charger, you have 90 days to exchange it.

Last edited:

RidiculousHat

May 7, 2010
Visit site
-how does the number porting process work with pre-orders?
-will radio shack employees be able to access rate plan data and set up discounts-- corporate or whatever, or will that have to be done through sprint?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi all! Im a Radio Shack associate, have been for 2 years. Just like everyone here im super stoked about this phone; cant wait to ditch my Tour! ;)

If anybody has any questions regarding our pre order process, sales process, or anything about the launch, fire away. Im happy to help any way I can, im that excited about this phone!

Very cool of you. Thanks and welcome to the forums!

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
-how does the number porting process work with pre-orders?
-will radio shack employees be able to access rate plan data and set up discounts-- corporate or whatever, or will that have to be done through sprint?

1. When you pre order we will run your credit and get your account setup just to make sure you eligible to get the phone. We will not be putting any phone #'s on the account at this point. When you pick up and activate the phone is when we'll port your number. Just bring a bill in for your current provider and we will take care of the rest.

2. Yes we can add discounts when we set up the account. Make sure you tell the associate about this when you pre order the phone, as this is when the account is set-up. We add the discount even before running credit, so just make sure they know ahead of time.

jutaman

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on Sprint Sero and my contract ends in August. I am willing to give it up for this phone but I want to keep my current number. If i get a EVO on a new plan/account. Can i transfer my old number to the new phone when my sero contract ends in August?

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't pick up till Sunday afternoon. I saw the pre-order form only has Fri and Sat boxes. Can I still preorder?

You can, but if you cant make it in on the 4th or 5th I wouldn't. We can only hold the phones those days, so if someone comes in on the 6th and wants an Evo, we have to sell what we have. Including unclaimed pre-orders.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on Sprint Sero and my contract ends in August. I am willing to give it up for this phone but I want to keep my current number. If i get a EVO on a new plan/account. Can i transfer my old number to the new phone when my sero contract ends in August?

If you open up the account under someone elses name, you should be able to. But the way I understand it Sprint will only allow you to have 1 account per social security #.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Question:

I want 2 keep my old phone number from TMo, when I get EVO 4G on the release date, is there anyone in the RS who can help me to port the number to Sprint. (I already did number eligibility check)

Thank you

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Question:

I want 2 keep my old phone number from TMo, when I get EVO 4G on the release date, is there anyone in the RS who can help me to port the number to Sprint. (I already did number eligibility check)

Thank you

Yes, as long as your out of contract. Just bring an old tmo bill with you when you buy your phone, we'll port it for you.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as long as your out of contract. Just bring an old tmo bill with you when you buy your phone, we'll port it for you.

Thanks a lot for confirming that. Sounds so awesome, I m out of contract for few months already.

Just another related question, the bill, you mean my TMo bill for May?

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm Pre-ordering from radio shack Thursday
question about the process. do i have to be a current sprint customer in order to pre order the phone? and what information exactly do i need? thanks alot

Nope. If you don't have sprint you can open a new account for a pre order. We will have to run your credit, so bring your ID and have your social sec # ready.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for confirming that. Sounds so awesome, I m out of contract for few months already.

Just another related question, the bill, you mean my TMo bill for May?

That works. It just makes it go allot smoother if we have your billing address and account number for tmobile handy. I cant tell you how many times a port hasn't gone through because we where given a billing address that did not match up exactly with what the previous carrier had on file.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
since I too have to be out of town and won't get back till Sunday night, I have a question. Say I go into the store, pre-order under my name as a new customer. Can I send in a relative say mom or dad to pick up the phone for me on Friday or Saturday or would it be best to wait, not pre-order and hope there is still an Evo at my local store on monday?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski