Where are the COMMERCIALS already?

evo-drum

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I mean Verizon DROID commercials are really awe inspiring and have already gathered the masses in assurance that the Android system is a force. But let's be real Sprint needs to thrive off of this quickly!

My homeboy which is purchasing the phone just heard about the phone and was waiting until June 4th to try and go in-store, look at it and then buy one. I had to educate him on pre-order and features and that is when he went and took care of that at RS.

Get this to the masses immediately! I love my Sprint, and been with them for ten years by the way.

P.S. not complaining, I just want them to succeed at this....

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Most of my friends don't even know about the phone.. then again, I kinda like being the only kid on the block with the latest and greatest phone :).

But seriously, Sprint needs to start pushing out some commercials NOW to get the hype and pre order numbers up. These little web ads and banners I see aren't gonna cut it.

Rigmaster

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Wish we had access to Hesse's calendar. I'm sure they are commercial shoot times buried in there somewhere. It would be mind-blowing if they actually shot and did a live-feed of a commercial using the Evo cameras on 4G. Did I say how mind-blowing that could be?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I've noticed that the EVO has replaced the Pre in some of their show sponsored commercials. Like during the Survivor finale when the put up their text for whatever spot the phone was the EVO and not the Pre.

Jerzey McNasty

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
IMO, its too early for commercials. With the release being 2 weeks away i think Sprint would save a lot of money if they waited until after the 4th for a commercial campaign. Its not like a movie that you need to build a buzz for, because its already there. I mean think about it, We know this phone will be sold out by the end of the weekend if not on day 1 (and that's just because of our thirst).

Imagine them smacking the rest of the public with commercials AND having our word of mouth on top of that about how sexy the phone is after release = Mass Hysteria and more business :D

Sprint is playing chess...

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I mean Verizon DROID commercials are really awe inspiring and have already gathered the masses in assurance that the Android system is a force. But let's be real Sprint needs to thrive off of this quickly!

My homeboy which is purchasing the phone just heard about the phone and was waiting until June 4th to try and go in-store, look at it and then buy one. I had to educate him on pre-order and features and that is when he went and took care of that at RS.

Get this to the masses immediately! I love my Sprint, and been with them for ten years by the way.

P.S. not complaining, I just want them to succeed at this....

This is the closest thing to a commercial I've seen: YouTube - HTC EVO

Just found a real commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_SpHy8EGQ&feature=related

Last edited:

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The EVO is not the Droid and Sprint is not Verizon.

The EVO will probably never even sell a million units because of Sprint. Having the WIMAX radio in the EVO means it will never run on any other US carrier. Even though it is probably the best phone currently on the market, it will be an Android flavor of the month and nothing more.

Last edited:

celeste9000

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Im selfish but Im glad they are not advertising so much right now. That means I have a better chance of getting the phone on June 4th!! After that they can have a commercial bananza for all I care :)

Vegasden

May 13, 2010
vegasden.net
I suspect Sprint may do limited National advertising. I think they may do heavier local/regional advertising in true 4G markets. In those markets they can pitch speed, as well as simultaneous voice data, etc. It'll probably start once they begin taking orders in-house.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
While I'm also surprised about the lack of advertising, unlike the Pre, there is information and people actually touching the phone during demos and displays. The pre Pre promotions seemed to lack either. Certainly, as someone already mentioned, commercials are more likely going to air closer to launch. Not sure how much in-show advertising works, but Sprint has usually used that strongly as they have done with the EVO.

timj007

May 19, 2010
Visit site
i expect sprint to start showing off the phone at the Sprint All Star race this saturday night. This is were they started showing the pre off before it was released

evo-drum

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The EVO is not the Droid and Sprint is not Verizon.

The EVO will probably never even sell a million units because of Sprint. Having the WIMAX radio in the EVO means it will never run on any other US carrier. Even though it is probably the best phone currently on the market, it will be an Android flavor of the month and nothing more.

I understand that, but business wise I don't want them to release the phone and then suddenly Sprint has to be sold to another carrier because of financial straits. Not a phone junkie to know what went wrong with the Pre, but this is far from a Pre type of device. I would stronghold the market and really back this one up.

People (my friends) currently on Sprint were leaving to get the Incredible because that is what they hear/see all the time on TV and don't know anything about the EVO. A herd of my fellow friends jumped ship for the Motorola Droid before that. Just better advertising is all I am asking. We can stop the internal bleeding of losing customers with a better band-aid than this "word-of-mouth".

I honestly lucked up on and found the forums about the information of the EVO because I was looking for "Android for Beginners/First Time Users of the OS" and happened to see that there is a world of marketeers for this device. Others are not so lucky.

MOE-GUNZ

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Well the phone isn't available for another two weeks. The "get it now" is usually the way they go. I'm just now seeing Droid Incredible commercials. I think they usually let the massive phone junkies hope on and then save their advertising money to advertise to the mass market after they grabbed the entry crowd.

At the end of the day, I just worry about ME getting it. I leave the market stuff to Sprint. As long as I have the device I'm happy.

steve41015

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This was not a real commercial but Chris Mathews was showing one off on the Nascar prerace show this past Sunday.

I just turned it on when he was showing it off so I missed anything he might of said about it.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well the phone isn't available for another two weeks. The "get it now" is usually the way they go. I'm just now seeing Droid Incredible commercials. I think they usually let the massive phone junkies hope on and then save their advertising money to advertise to the mass market after they grabbed the entry crowd.

At the end of the day, I just worry about ME getting it. I leave the market stuff to Sprint. As long as I have the device I'm happy.

Yeah you're probably right.

timj007

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This was not a real commercial but Chris Mathews was showing one off on the Nascar prerace show this past Sunday.

I just turned it on when he was showing it off so I missed anything he might of said about it.

we was talking about sprints first 4g handset and how fast it was. it didnt last that long. saturday night i have a feeling they will really show it off